After four months, Sandra had gotten over the worst of the nightmares.
四個月后,珊卓終于不再作惡夢
When the phone rang, she didn't think it was somehow me calling her.
電話響起,她不再認為是我打的
When a car drove past, she didn't get up to check out the window.
門口有車開過 她不再從窗口查看
I talked with your father last night.
我昨晚跟你父親聊過
You never told me how your parents met.
你沒說過你爸媽是怎么認識的
They met at Auburn.
他們在奧本認識的
What about the details? How they fell in love.
其他細節呢? 他們怎么相愛
The circus. The war. You never told me any of that.
馬戲團、戰爭.這些你都沒跟我說過
That's because most of it never happened.
因為那些大多都沒發生過
But it's romantic.
但是那好浪漫
What? - What, I know better.than to argue romance with a French woman.
什么? - 最好別跟…法國女人爭論浪漫的事
Do you love your father?
你愛你父親嗎?
Everyone loves my father. He's a very likable guy.
大家都愛他,他很討人喜歡
Do you love him?
你愛他嗎?
You have to understand. When I was growing up, he was gone more than he was there.
你得要明白.在我成長時,他常常不在家
And I started thinking maybe he's got this second life somewhere else.
我忍不住要想 也許他在別的地方還有別的生活
Another family, another house. And he leaves us and goes to them.
另一個家庭、房子.他離開我們時,就回到那里
Or, or... Or maybe there is no second family. Maybe he never wanted a family.
或者…沒有另一個家庭 也許他從來就不想要有家庭
Whatever it is, he likes his second life better and he tells his stories.because he can't stand this boring place.
不管怎樣,他愛另一種生活 而他說故事…因為他無法忍受這無趣的地方
But it's not true. - Well, what's true? He's never told me a single true thing.
那不是事實 - 事實是什么?他沒跟我說過一件真實的事
Look, hey... I know why you like him. I know why everyone likes him.
聽著…我知道你為何喜歡他.大家都喜歡他
But I need you to tell me that I'm not crazy.
但我要你告訴我,我沒瘋
Oh, you're not. And I think you should talk to him.
你沒瘋.我想你該跟他談談