Any ketchup, dear?
要番茄醬嗎,親愛的?
I expect the quantity is similar either way.
我希望每天的分量差不多。
Are all the bangs about the same size, then?
所有的轟炸都是一樣的規模嗎?
Oh, no! There's one megaton,
哦,不是!有的轟炸是百萬噸級(核武器威力的計算單位),
and 10 megaton, an' that.
有的是千萬噸級。
It's er... just a question of how big a bang you want to make
呃..取決于你想制造多大的爆炸
and how many... people you want to kill.
和殺死多少人。
More baked beans, dear?
再來點烤豆子,親愛的?
No, thanks. I'm a bit off food.
不用了,謝謝,我不太想吃。
Then there's the er...overkill, see?
呃..看到了嗎,核武器有著過度的殺傷威力。
That's where they kill more people than they really need to.
使用核武器將使更多無辜的人遭殃。
Say you want a bang big enough to kill one million people,
如果說你制造一場轟炸,只想奪走百萬民眾的生命,
and you go and use a three-million-people bang.
一聲巨響之后,你會殺死三百萬人。
It's terrifically wasteful of energy, in the present economic climate.
在目前的經濟環境下,這是一種可怕的破壞性能量。
I see, dear.
我懂了,親愛的。
Yes, there's one thing about the present economic situation.
嗯,目前的經濟狀況下還有一件事。
I mean... - Such a shame we can't wash up.
我是指.. 我們不能洗澡,真是太臟了。
...in order to conserve world energy resources,
...為了保護世界的能源,
the powers that be will only use the smallest possible bang.
掌權者只會用最少的核能源來轟炸。
Oh, I can't bear it!
噢,我不能再忍受了!
I expect that's why we're still here.
我想知道為什么我們仍然滯留在這兒。
We're running out of crockery.
我們沒有陶器了。
We could say we owe our lives to the world economic procession.
對于世界經濟進程來說,我們僅僅擁有自己的生命而已。