Until one day, a stranger arrived.
直到有一天,有個陌生人來了
Calm down. Calm down, everybody. Calm down. That's enough.
冷靜,大家冷靜 夠了
Mr. Mayor, he ate an entire corn field. - He ate my dog.
他吃光了整個玉米田 -他吃了我的狗
If you ain't gonna stop him, mayor, we will.
鎮長,你不阻止他 我們自己來
I won't have mob violence in this town.
我不容許本鎮有暴民滋事
Now, has someone tried talking to him?
有人試過去跟他談談嗎?
You can't reason with him. - He's a monster.
你沒法跟他講道理的 -他是個怪物
I'll do it. I'll talk to him. See if I can get him to go.
我去談.我去設法叫他離開這里
That creature could crush you without trying.
那個怪物一眨眼就能捏碎你
Oh, trust me, he'll have to try.
相信我,沒那么容易的
Hello?
你好?
My name is Edward Bloom, and I wanna talk to you!
我叫愛德華布魯,我要跟你談談
Go away!
走開!
Now, I'm not going anywhere until you show yourself!
我不走,除非你出來!
I said, go away!
我叫你走開!
Armed with the foreknowledge of my own death...
由于我知道自己的死法…
I knew the giant couldn't kill me.
我知道這巨人根本殺不死我
All the same, I preferred to keep my bones unbroken.
同樣的,我也想毫發無傷
Why are you here?
你為什么來這里?
So you can eat me.
好讓你吃了我
The town decided to send a human sacrifice and I volunteered.
鎮上決定用活人獻祭 我自愿前來
My arms are a little stringy, but there's some good eating in my legs.
我的手臂有點瘦 但我的腳滿好吃的
I mean, I'd be tempted to eat them myself.
連我自己都會想吃它
So I guess, well...
所以我想…
If you'd just get it over with quick, because I'm not much for pain, really.
我想如果你吃快一點的話 我會比較不痛