Oh, come on! I can't go back! I'm a human sacrifice!
拜托,我不能回去! 我是祭品啊!
If I go back, they'll think I'm a coward.
我若回去,他們會認為我是懦夫
I'd rather be dinner than a coward.
我寧可被吃也不要當懦夫
Here.
來吧
You can start with my hand. It'll be an appetizer.
先從手吃起,就當開胃菜
I don't want to eat you. I don't want to eat anybody.
我不想吃你 我不想吃任何人
I just get so hungry. I'm just too big.
我只是很餓 我太高大了
Did you ever think that maybe you're not too big
你有沒有想過不是你太高大…
but maybe this town is just too small?
而是這個鎮太小了?
I've heard in real cities there are buildings so tall
我聽說真正的城市里有大樓…
you can't even see the tops of them.
你連樓頂都看不到
Really? - Oh, I wouldn't lie to you.
真的? -我不會騙你的
And all-you-can-eat buffets.
還有“隨你吃到飽”
Now, you can eat a lot, can't you? - I can.
你可以吃很多吧? -我可以
So why are you wasting your time in a small town?
那你干嘛浪費時間待在小鎮里?
You're a big man. You should be in a big city.
大人物就該去大城市
You're just trying to get me to leave, aren't you?
你只是想要我走,對吧?
What's your name, giant? - Karl.
巨人,你叫什么名字? -卡爾
Well, mine's Edward. And truthfully
我叫愛德華,說真的…
Well, I do want you to leave, Karl. But I want to leave with you.
我的確想要你離開 但我想跟你一起離開
I mean, you think this town is too small for you?
這里太小容不下你
Well, it's too small for a man of my ambition.
這里容不下我的雄心壯志
Okay.
好
Okay.
好
Now, first, we gotta get you ready for the city.
首先,我們得幫你打理一下
Edward Bloom, first son of Ashton
愛德華布魯,艾許鎮之子…
it's with a heavy heart that we see you go.
你的離去令我們惆悵
But take with you this key to the city
帶著這把鑰匙上城市里去…
and know that any time you want to come back
任何時候你若想回來…
all our doors are open to you.
我們的大門都將為你敞開
That afternoon as I left Ashton, everyone seemed to have advice.
我離開艾許鎮的那天下午 每個人都給了我忠告
Find yourself a nice girl, now!
找個好女孩吧!
Watch your pride, Edward Bloom!
別太驕傲了,愛德華布魯!
She said that the biggest fish in the river
她說河里最大尾的魚…
gets that way by never being caught.
永遠不會被人捉到
What'd she say? - Beats me.
她說什么? -難倒我了