There were two roads out of Ashton:
出艾許鎮有兩條路:
A new one which was paved and an older one that wasn't.
一條是新鋪好的,舊的則沒鋪
People didn't use the old one anymore...
人們不走那條舊路…
and it had developed a reputation for being haunted.
還傳說那條舊路鬧鬼
Well, since I had no intention of ever returning to Ashton...
由于我無意回艾許鎮…
this seemed as good a time as any to find out what lay down that old one.
這看來是探究舊路的好時機
You know anyone who's taken it? - That poet, Norther Winslow, did.
你有認識走舊路的人嗎? -詩人諾德走過
He was going to Paris, France.
他那時要去法國巴黎
I guess he liked it. No one ever heard from him again.
我想他喜歡那里,他流連忘返
I'll tell you what. You go the other way.
這樣吧,你走另一條路
I'll cut through here, and I'll meet you on the far side.
我走這條,我們在另一頭會合
You're just trying to run away, aren't you?
你是想落跑吧?
Here.
拿去
Just to be sure, you can take my pack.
為了保險起見,拿著我的包包
Why, you son of a...
你這個…
Now, there comes a point when a reasonable man...
懂道里的人…
will swallow his pride and admit that he's made a terrible mistake.
終會有按下自尊 坦承他犯下嚴重錯誤的時刻
The truth is, I was never a reasonable man.
事實是,我一直都不是講道理的人
And what I recall of Sunday school was that...
我記得主日學都這么講…
the more difficult something is, the more rewarding it is in the end.
事情愈艱難 最后愈能得到豐厚的果實