Dad?
爸?
You want some water?
要不要喝點水?
You are in for a surprise. - Am I?
你即將會大吃一驚 - 是嗎?
Having a kid changes everything. There's the diapers and the burping and the midnight feeding.
養孩子會改變一切.尿布、打嗝、半夜喂奶
Did you do any of that?
你幫忙做過這些事?
No. But I hear it's terrible.
沒.但我聽說很恐怖
Then you spend years trying to corrupt and mislead this child fill its head with nonsense, and still it turns out perfectly fine.
之后還要花很多年時間寵壞他 教壞他…在他腦子里裝滿怪主意 然而這一切還是很美好
You think I'm up for it? - You learned from the best.
你想我夠格嗎? -你跟高手學過了
Drink half the can. I'll tell Mom you drank it all. Everyone wins.
你喝一半,我會跟媽說你全喝了.大家都快樂
People needn't worry so much. It's not my time yet. This is not how I go.
大家不用太擔心 我的時候還沒到.我不是這么死的
Really? - Truly. I saw it in The Eye.
真的? - 真的,我在玻璃眼里看到過
The old lady by the swamp? - She was a witch.
那個沼澤里的老太太? - 她是個女巫
No, she was old and probably senile.
她很老,也許老糊涂了
I saw my death in that eye, and this isn't how it happens.
我從那眼珠里看到我的死亡 這不是我的死法
So how does it happen?
那是怎么死?
Surprise ending. Wouldn't want to ruin it for you.
令人訝異的結局 我可不想毀了你的興致
Your mother thought we wouldn't talk again. Look at us. We're talking fine.
你媽以為我們不會再交談了.看看我們,我們談的很愉快
We're storytellers, both of us. I speak mine out, you write yours down. Same thing.
我們是說故事的人,我們都是.我把故事說出來 你則是寫下來,都一樣
Dad .I hope to talk about some things while I'm here.
爸…我希望趁我還在時跟你談談
You mean while I'm here.
你是說趁我還在吧
I just want to know the true versions of things: Events. Stories. You.
我只想知道事情的真實面.事件、故事…還有你
Your mother hasn't been keeping up the pool.
你媽沒把泳池顧好
Lf you wanted to, you could fix it. - Yeah, I will.
你想的話,可以弄好它 -好,我會
You know where the chemicals are? - I did it when you were gone.
你知道清潔劑放哪? -知道,你不在家時都是我清的
I was never much for being at home, Will. Too confining. And this here, being stuck in bed
我一直都不喜歡待家里太拘束了.這樣被困在床上…
Dying is the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
死亡是我遇上最糟糕的事
I thought you said you weren't dying.
你不是說你不會死
I said this isn't how I go. The last part is much more unusual. Trust me on that.
我是說我不是這樣死的.我最后的旅程更特別.相信我