Very good, dear. Very nice. Yes.
寫得好,親愛的。是的,非常好。
You might be a bit late for the post.
可是現在才寄是不是晚了點。
First class might just get there.
第一班車可能剛剛到。
You know what the post is like these days.
你也知道最近郵政服務很差。
But I must do this list.
可是我必須按照這個清單做。
"Dustbin, calendar, books, games, paper, pencils, shovel, spade, crowbar, axe, hatchet,
“垃圾箱,日歷,書,游戲,紙,鉛筆,鐵鍬,鐵棍,大斧頭,輕便斧,
saw, whistle and/or gong for alarms,
鋸子,口哨或者警鐘,
suitcases for furniture or evacuation,
撤離時可以用的箱子,
string, pliers...
線,鉗子...
...first-aid kits, safety pins, scissors, flints, aspirins, diarrhoea remedy,
...急救箱,安全別針,剪刀,打火石,阿司匹林,止瀉藥,
tweezers, calamine lotion, war crisis editions, lice-flea powder,
鑷子,外用藥水,袖珍版戰爭危機手冊,跳蚤粉,
rodent poison, insulin, blood-pressure tablets,
毒劑,胰島素,血壓藥,
rubber gloves, sanitary towels, mirror, toilet paper, eyewash.
" 橡膠手套,清潔毛巾,鏡子,廁紙,眼藥水?!?/div>
I wonder if it's true about the paper bags.
我想知道真的需要紙袋嗎,
I never know if it's just a joke or not.
我從來搞不清楚這是笑話還是認真的。
Or is it a joke?
還是只是個笑話?
What's that, dear?
那是什么,親愛的?
Well, they say you should get into a paper bag just before the bomb goes off.
噢,據說你應該在炸彈爆炸前躲進紙袋里。
Whatever for?
這有什么用?
I suppose it's like the white paint. It er... deflects the heat a bit.
我想跟涂白漆是一樣的效果吧。呃...使輻射偏向別的地方。
Sounds silly to me. - There are some paper bags.
聽起來真傻啊。 這兒有些紙袋。