After you. Thanks.
- 你先請 - 謝謝
Ten minutes is long enough for any party, I think.
我想對于任何一個派對待10分鐘足以
Yeah.
哦,是的
Especially that one.
特別是這個派對
Evening, all.
晚上好
God! What a dickhead.
上帝!真是個白癡!
Yeah.
是的
So, what do you do?
你是做什么的?
I'm a reader at a publisher.
我是一間出版社的審稿人
No! You read for a living?
不!你靠閱讀為生?
Yes, that's it. I read.
是的,說的對,我靠閱讀為生
That's so great.
哦,真是太棒了
It's like someone asking, "What do you do "for a living?" "Well, I breathe.
這就像是有人問“你靠什么為生?”“靠呼吸為生”
"I’m a breather,I get paid for breathing."
“我是個呼吸者,我靠呼吸掙錢”
How did you get that job? Okay, smart-ass, what do you do?
- 你怎么得到這份工作的? - 好吧,天才…你是做什么的?
I am a lawyer.
我是個律師
Sort of. Sort of.
算是吧
That's sexy.
好誘人
Is it? I mean, I think so.
- 是嗎? - 我是說我這么認為
In a suit, in a court, saving people's lives. Kinda sexy.
身穿套裝,在法庭上拯救別人的生命,有幾分誘人
I guess it is. Although it's not as sexy as reading.
算是吧,但是沒有閱讀誘人
Sitting there in an office, in a little chair reading.
坐在辦公室里,一把小座椅…讀文章
Okay, stop. Ooh!
好,停
Just wait right there, mister, because a lot of books get submitted to my publisher.
先打住,先生,因為有很多書提交到我們出版社
So it's an immense responsibility. I bet it is.
- 所以那工作責任重大 - 我猜也是
But when you do normal reading,
但是當你平常讀書時…
is it ruined because it's your job? You know, like prostitutes?
會不會因為你的工作而變得索然無味?就像賣淫女一樣
I always worry that when they stop being prostitutes that they can't enjoy sex any more.
我總是擔心她們不再做賣淫女時會不會也不再喜歡做愛
You always worry about that? No, I sometimes worry about it. Good. Okay.
- 你總是擔心這些? - 不,偶爾擔心
Because someone who always worried about that would be a bit of a worry.
好吧,正因為有人總是擔心才會成為讓人擔心的問題
When you read a newspaper, do you think, "Forget this, it's work"? Have you interviewed a lot of prostitutes?
- 你讀報時,你會不會想“哦, 該死,這是工作”?
When you read a menu, do you think, "No, I'm not reading this, unless you pay me hard cash."
你看菜單時,會不會想“不,我 不看這個,除非你付我錢”
How many prostitutes will you need to talk to before this issue is solved?
你需要訪問多少個賣淫女才能解決這個問題?
Are you planning to head to Eastern Europe and Thailand?
你有計劃去東歐和泰國嗎?
Um... Would you like to walk me to my car?
你可以送我上車嗎?
Yes. Why not? Okay.
- 當然,為什么不? - 好的
Sounds like a good idea.
聽起來是個好主意
What about you? Yeah, I have three older brothers.
- 你呢? - 我有三個哥哥
God. Yeah.
- 哦上帝 - 是的
Where are they?
他們都在哪兒?
Behind you.
你身后
Did you have trouble parking?
你是不是很煩惱停車?
Pardon? It's just such a long way to your car.
- 什么? - 你的車停得有點遠
Well, my car's actually parked outside my house. I got a lift to the party.
我的車其實就停在我家外,我搭車去參加派對的
Okay.
好吧
That's good. That's perfect.
很好,太好了
Okay.
好了
And here we are.
我們到了
My God. Yeah.
- 上帝 - 耶
Car, house. House, car.
車,房子,房子,車
It makes perfect sense.
這種感覺很棒
It's very logical.
很順理成章