(P.S.前一分鐘比較吵鬧,不適合英語學習,1:23開始)
And so I woke up the next morning,hung-over,ashamed of myself,
第二天醒來,宿醉難受,自慚形愧…
and not realising it was the day that would change my life forever。
并沒意識到那天會永遠改變我的生活
Get up,stupid.
起來,傻瓜
Dad wants you.
老爸叫你
Hello. Sexy pyjamas.
哦,哈嘍,好性感的睡衣
Tim,come in.
啊,蒂姆,進來
Sit down.
坐吧
That's very formal.
這也太正式了
Well,um,yeah.
好吧,是的
This is an odd moment for me
我也感覺很別扭…
because I had the same moment with my father when I'd just turned 21,and after it,
因為我剛21歲的時候我老爸也跟我這么談過,在那之后…
my life was never the same, so I approach it pretty, um, nervously.
我的生活就改變了,所以我頗為神經質
Okay.
好吧
When you're ready.It's all very mysterious.
如果你準備好了,那會很神秘
Right.
是的
Tim,my dear son,the...
蒂姆,我親愛的兒子…
The simple fact is the men in this family have always had the ability to...
說得簡單些就是,我們家的男人都有一種超能力…
This is going to sound strange,
這可能聽起來有些怪…
be prepared for strangeness. Get ready for spooky time,
為稀奇古怪、恐怖時刻做好準備…
but there's this family secret.
但這就是我們家的秘密
And the secret is that the men in the family can
這個秘密就是我們家的男人可以…
travel in time.
穿越時空
Well, more accurately,travel back in time. We can't travel into the future.
說得準確些就是我們可以穿越過去,不能穿越未來
This is such a weird joke.
真是個不可思議的笑話
It's seriously not a joke.
這真不是個笑話
So you're saying that you and granddad, and his brothers
你是說你和爺爺…
could all travel back in time? Absolutely.
以及他的兄弟們都能穿越回到過去? 說的沒錯
And you still do? Absolutely.
你現在還能? 是的
Although it's not as dramatic as it sounds. It's only in my own life.
盡管沒有那么戲劇性,這只存在我自己的生活中
I can only go to places where I actually was and can remember.
我只能回到我親身經歷過和記住的地方
I can't kill Hitler or shag Helen of Troy, unfortunately.
可惜的是,我不能殺掉希特勒或是跟特洛伊的海倫上床
Okay, stop.
好了,停
if it's true, which it isn't. Although it is.
- 如果這都是真的,還有什么是假的
Although it isn't, obviously. But if it was, which it's not. Which it is.
盡管這明顯不是真的,即使以前是,現在也不可能
Which it isn't. But if it was, how would I...
- 現在還是 - 不可能,如果是真的,那我怎
The "How" is the easy bit,in fact.
其實這很簡單
You go into a dark place, big cupboards are very useful generally. Toilets, at a pinch.
你進去一個黑暗的地方,一般來說大的柜櫥最實用,必要時廁所也行
Then you clench your fists like this.
然后像這樣握緊你的拳頭
Think of the moment you're going to and you'll find yourself there.
想象自己要回去的那個時刻,你就 會發現自己置身其中了
After a bit of a stumble and a rumble and a tumble.
一番跌跌撞撞之后
Wow.
哇哦
Is as good a reaction as any.
不過這是不錯的反應
I think I plumped for "fuck!" but it was the '70s.
我確定我是想去爽一把,但卻是 七十年代
No, this is so obviously a joke. It's not a joke.
不,這絕對是個玩笑 這不是玩笑
Why would I lie to someone I'm
我干嘛要騙…
fairly fond of? Okay.
…我喜歡的人? 好吧
But, when I come back downstairs after standing in a cupboard with my fists clenched,
但是,當我站在衣櫥里緊握拳頭再回到樓下時…
you're gonna be in so much trouble.
你會有很大麻煩
Well,let's see,shall we?
我們來瞧瞧好嗎?
And,Tim,try and do something interesting.
哦,還有,蒂姆,試著做些有趣的事
So much trouble.
真麻煩
I mean it.Really.
我是說真的