I caught the train to London in search of a future and a girlfriend.
我上了去倫敦的火車,去尋找我的未來…和女朋友
I was staying in St John's Wood, near Abbey Road,
我住在圣約翰伍德 靠近修道院路
with a playwright friend of my dad's called Harry.
和我老爸的一個叫哈利的作家朋友一起
It's always nice to have family connections when you're a new kid in town.
當你初到異地,有親人或朋友照應還是不錯的
What the fuck do you want?
你他媽的想干什么?!
I'm James's son. Who?
- 我是詹姆斯的兒子 - 誰?
James Lake. What about him?
- 詹姆斯萊克 - 他又怎樣?
He said you had a room.
他說你有間空房
Go in there and wait.
進去等著
Quietly. I mean it, don't make a sound.
安靜點,我是說,不要制造噪音
Or I'll kill you.
否則我會殺了你
I was actually having the first good idea I've had for a decade when you rang on the doorbell.
剛才你按門鈴時我剛剛有了十年來第一個好靈感
But now it's gone.
但是現在沒了
You little shit.
你這個渾小子
How's your dad?
你爸爸怎么樣?
Weird cock, I always thought. Something weird about him.
另類,我總這么認為,他有些古怪
Really? Yeah, I never really liked him, actually.
- 真的嗎? - 也對,說實話我很不喜歡他
Your mum still look like Andy Warhol?
你媽看起來還像安迪沃霍爾嗎?
What?
什么?
That, by the way, is my wife.
對了,那是我老婆
Nice. Yeah, you wouldn't like her at first.
- 哦,很不錯 - 是的,不過第一眼她不招人喜歡
Sarcastic cow.
是個愛挖苦人的娘們兒
But eventually you'd realise that
但是最后你會發現…
she's the best human being in the world.
她是世界上最好的人
Which is why she left me, of course.
所以她才會離開我
Here you go.
到了
Try not to make too much noise, particularly when having sex.
別制造太多噪音,特別是做愛的時候
No chance of that. Christ, two losers in one house.
- 沒那個機會 - 哦,上帝,兩個窩囊廢共處
That is my daughter.
那是我女兒
Have sex with her if you like. Apparently everyone else has.
如果你愿意可以跟她上床,貌似其他人也會
It wasn't a hopeful set up for romance.
這里沒有艷遇的可能
And work didn't help on that score either.
并且工作上也沒有什么機會
The world of law seems to be entirely full of men.
法學業界似乎清一色都是男人
Hello. I'm Rory. Very pleased to meet you. A real thrill.
哈嘍,我是羅里,很高興見到你,很激動
Well, who knows, we might become, you know, pals, et cetera.
哦,或許我們可以成為好朋友什么的
Who the hell are you? Tim Lake.
- 你到底是誰? - 蒂姆萊克
Well, I hope you're better than this clown.
好吧,希望你比這個傻瓜強點兒
Come on, Roger. It's Rory, actually.
- 快點,羅杰 - 其實是羅里
I've been here a year and a half. I'm just saying that to be nice. It's two years actually.
我來這里一年半了,我向來言聽計從,其實是兩年
So six lonely months went by and it was still just me and Harry.
就這樣,孤單的6個月過去了,還是只有我和哈利
Me lawyer-ing every hour of the day and night.
我不分黑夜白晝地當我的律師
And him putting the finishing touches to his new play.
而他則是將所有的觸感寫進他的新劇目里去
No matter how many girls there were in the world,
不管世界上有多少女孩
I always seemed to end up with Rory.
到頭來我總是能遇到羅里
Hello.
哈嘍
Until, out of the blue,
直到,出乎意料的…
on a dodgy night out with dodgy Jay, something miraculous happened.
在一個始料不及的晚上,跟著不 靠譜的杰伊混時奇跡發生了