Sheldon: Hello.
你好。
Penny: Hello.
你好。
Sheldon: All right, let's dispense with the friendly banter. I believe you know why I'm here.
好吧,就跳過寒暄直奔主題吧。你應該知道我來這的目的吧。
Penny: Well, I always figured it was to study us, discover our weaknesses, and report back to your alien overlords.
這個啊,我一直以為你是想要研究我們,找出我們的弱點,然后匯報給你們外星人老大。
Sheldon: Yes, amusing. Extraordinary intelligence might well appear extraterrestrial to you, but let me be more specific. I believe you know why I'm here in the laundry room.
是的,很有趣。非凡的智慧在你看來有些像外星人,但讓我把話說明白。我相信你知道我來洗衣房的原因。
Penny: Better acoustics for your throat singing?
使你的喉唱有更好的音響效果?
Sheldon: It's actually not bad. But my true purpose in being here will be revealed in this brief PowerPoint presentation. Lights. Why Sheldon Cooper PhD should go to Switzerland to see the CERN supercollider: A PowerPoint presentation by Sheldon Cooper, PhD.
還真不賴啊。但是我來這兒的真正目的是進行簡短的幻燈片展示。關燈。為什么Sheldon Cooper博士要去瑞士參觀歐洲核子研究中心的超級對撞機:幻燈片作者Sheldon Cooper博士。
Penny: Oh, for God's sake.
噢,我的老天啊。
Sheldon: Here we have a highly gifted researcher, in the field of particle physics, whose work has brought him to the precipice, of forever changing mankind's understanding of the universe. AKA me. And here we have a waitress brushing her teeth with her finger. AKA you.
這兒在粒子物理學領域,有一個極有天賦的研究者,他的研究關乎全人類的命運從此改變對宇宙的理解。就是我?,F在我們看到的是一個用手指刷牙的女服務生。就是你。
Penny: I'm sorry. Is this supposed to be buttering me up?
打斷一下。你這是要奉承我嗎?
Sheldon: Please hold all questions till the end of the presentation. This is the Large Hadron Clider at CERN in Switzerland, the product of decades of planning and construction. It is a Mecca for physicists the world over. This is Bath & Body Works on Colorado Boulevard. They sell scented soaps and lotions, some of which contain glitter. Now, let's see if we can match the individual to the appropriate destination.
請在展示結束后提問題。這是位于瑞士的歐洲核子研究中心的大型強子對撞機,它是幾十年計劃和建造的產物。它是全世界物理學家們的麥加。(伊斯蘭教圣地)這個是位于科羅拉多大道的Bath & Body Works。(美國沐浴類最暢銷的品牌)這家店販售香皂和乳液,某些還含有亮粉?,F在,看看我們能否把個體和正確的目的地配對。
Penny: Ok, show's over.
好了,展示結束。
Sheldon: No, it's not. I've got five more slides.
不,還沒結束。我還有五張幻燈片沒放。
Penny: Sheldon, this is Leonard's decision. He invited me to Switzerland, and I intend to go.
他邀請我去瑞士而我打算去了。Sheldon,這是Leonard的決定。
Shledon: Very well. Enjoy yourself. You're going to be in the presence of something that I've dreamed of being seeing for decades. I just hope you'll be able to appreciate the magnitude of where you are and what it represents.
很好。玩得開心。你將看到一個我夢想已久的東西。我只是希望你能夠領會你所處地方的重要性及其價值。
Penny: I'll talk to Leonard.
我會和Leonard談談。
Sheldon: You will?
真的?
Penny: Yes. If it means that much to you, you should go.
是的。如果它對你來說這么重要,那么應該你去。
Sheldon: Oh, Penny, thank you!
噢,Penny,謝謝!
Penny: You're welcome.
不客氣。
Sheldon: Since I rarely hug, I'm relying on your expertise regarding duration.
因為我很少抱人,持續時間就看你的擁抱技術了。
Penny: I think we're there.
我想時間夠了。
Sheldon: Oh, good. Bye bye.
噢,太好了。再見。