Leonard: We're going to Switzerland to see the CERN supercollider! And ski. We'll also go skiing.
我們要去瑞士參觀歐洲粒子物理研究所的超級對撞機!還有滑雪。我們還可以滑雪。
Penny: We're going skiing in Switzerland?!
我們要去瑞士滑雪?!
Leonard: Well, you'll ski, I'll fall, but, yeah...We will be in Switzerland for Valentine's Day.
哦,你滑,我摔,但是,是的...我們要在瑞士過情人節。
Penny: Oh, my God, Leonard! That's incredible!
哦,天吶,Leonard!太不可思議了!
Sheldon: Not so fast. You might want to hold off on lighting your Rabeliechtli, Penny.
別高興那么早。先別急著點你的“蘿卜燈籠”,Penny。
Penny: Rabewhatly?
什么“羅布燈籠”來著?
Sheldon: Rabeliechtli. It means turnip light and refer to a traditional lantern handcarved, from a root get able and used to celebrate certain Swiss festivals. Which you will not be celebrating, Because A: these festivals occur in the fall; and B: you will not be going to Switzerland.
蘿卜燈籠。也就是蘿卜做的燈籠,在瑞士的一些特定節日到來時,用根莖雕刻制成的傳統手工燈籠。而這種節日你是慶祝不了的,原因一:這些節日通常是在秋天;原因二:你壓根去不成瑞士。
Leonard: Sheldon, we've been through this. I'm taking Penny.
我們已經定好了。Sheldon,我要帶Penny去。
Sheldon: Afraid not. Do you recognize this?
恐怕不行。認出這些東西了嗎?
Leonard: Not the roommate agreement.
不會是室友約定吧。
Sheldon: Indeed, the roommate agreement. I call your attention to the Friendship Rider, in Appendix C: Future Commitments. Number 37: in the event one friends ever invited to visit the Large Hadron Collider, he shall invite the other friend to accompany him.
確實,就是室友約定。請注意“友誼騎士條款”,附錄 C: “未來的承諾”。第37條: 當好友一方被邀請參觀大型強子對撞機時,他應當邀請另一方與他一同前往。
Leonard: Oh, for God's sakes.
哦,看在上帝的份上。
Penny: You actually put that in an agreement?
你居然把這些寫進約定里?
Leonard: Yeah. We also put in what happens if one of us wins a MacArthur Grant, or if one of us gets superpowers, or if one of us is bitten by a zombie.
是啊。我們還約定如果我們當中有人獲得“麥克阿瑟天才獎”,或者有人獲得超能力,還有如果有人被僵尸咬到...
Sheldon: He can't kill me, even if I turn.
即使我變成僵尸,他也不能殺了我。
Penny: Is there anything in there about if one of you gets a girlfriend?
有沒有關于如果你們誰如果交到女朋友后的約定?
Sheldon: No, that seemed a little farfetched.
沒有,那個有點不太現實。
Leonard: Sheldon, do you really expect to enforce this?
你真以為這些條款是要執行的嗎,Sheldon?
Sheldon: I've lived up to all my commitments under the agreement. At least once a day I ask how you are, even through which simply I don't care. I no longer stage spontaneous biohazard drills after 10:00 p.m. And I abandoned my goal to master Tuvan throat singing.
我可是完全履行約定上的所有條款了。每天我至少問候你一次雖然我一點也不在乎。晚上10點之后連為應對生化危機的演練我也不做了...本來我是做一名“呼麥”大師但我放棄了。(注: 源于圖瓦族用喉嚨歌唱的技能)
Penny: Okay, I know I shouldn't ask, but what is...?
好吧,我知道不該問,但那到底是... ?
Sheldon: I'd be much further along if I been allow practiced.
允許練習的話我能持續更久些呢。
Leonard: Look, Sheldon, I know it's in the agreement, and if you turn into a zombie, I promise I will not kill you. In fact, I'll even let you eat my brains. But I am taking Penny to Switzerland.
聽著,Sheldon,我知道協議里是這樣寫的,如果你變成僵尸,我保證絕不殺你。事實上,我不但不殺你還甘愿讓你吸干我的腦子。但我要帶去瑞士的人肯定是Penny。
Sheldon: Is that your final decision?
你不打算改變主意了?
Leonard: It is.
不改了。
Sheldon: Very well.
非常好。
Penny: It's not over, is it?
沒這么容易搞定吧?
Leonard: What do you think?
你覺得呢?