Every morality play has its cast of characters. There is always an innocent victim...
每一出道德戲都有自己的角色設定總是有一個無辜的受害者
...a deceitful villain...
一個欺騙眾人的壞蛋
...a magistrate that dispenses justice...
一個主持正義的地方法官
...and a lawyer who charges too much.
一個收費過高的律師
This morality play was being produced at the Fairview County Courthouse. Its themes were trust and betrayal.
這樣一出道德戲正在Fairview地方法院內上演,戲的主題是信任和背叛
So, what’s your issue with bail in this case, Ms. McCready?
Mcready小姐,在本案中你對保釋有何意見?
We want bail denied, your honor.
法官大人,控方希望不批準保釋。
The defendant’s company imported goods manufactured by slave labor,
被告的公司進口的是經由奴役工人而生產的商品,
and his business partner, Mr. Tenaka, has already fled the country.
被告的生意伙伴田中先生已經潛逃出國。
And Mr. Solis, himself, has refused to surrender his passport.
而Solis先生不愿意上交他的護照。
Dog ate your client’s passport, Mr. Hartley?
Hartley先生,你客戶的護照被狗吃了嗎?
It’s been temporarily misplaced, your honor,
法官大人,護照放錯地方了,暫時找不到,
but we maintain that Akisha Tenaka set up and executed the entire operation.
但我們認為是田中設計并操作了整件事。
Mr. Solis is no business partner, but merely a hired contractor.
Solis先生不是生意合伙人,而僅僅是一個雇員。
And I'd also like to point out that my client is the sole provider of his wife,
并且我想指出我的客戶是他的妻子,
and his mother, who is hospitalized in a coma as we speak."
和他目前正昏迷住院的母親經濟收入的唯一來源。
Bring me the passport, and Mr. Solis can visit his mother.
把護照交給我,Solis就可以去探望他的母親了。
Until then, your client is denied bail and remanded. What’s next?
但在此之前,你客戶的保釋請求被駁回并送還監禁下一個案子?