I just wanted to make sure that you were doing ok.我只想知道你現(xiàn)在過得好
make sure弄明白; 設法確保
I tried to make sure of the problem.
我想把這個問題弄明白。
I'm going to make sure if I'm going to Macao.
我要拿定主意我是否去澳門。
Sophie,do you really want to spend the rest of your life in that hat shop?索菲你真的要一輩子待在帽子店嗎
the rest of其余的
I'll be tied up the rest of the week, I am afraid.
這個星期我恐怕都抽不出時間。
Let's burn off the rest of the brush.
讓我們把剩下的灌木叢清除掉。
Yet you're by far the tackiest thing here.很明顯你看起來是最廉價的
by far到目前為止;顯然,明顯地
She is the best by far/She is by far the best.
她顯然是最好的。
He is by far the wisest boy in the class.
他是班上最聰明的男孩。