PHOEBE: It's James Bond.
是007。
MONICA: Sorry we're late.
抱歉來遲了。
DR. BURKE: Ah, that's OK, come on in. Um, I'm sorry, is Monica Geller coming? I was told she was.
沒關系,請進。對不起,蓋勒摩妮卡來不來?我聽說她要來。
MONICA: Dr. Burke, it, it's me.
柏大夫,是我
DR. BURKE: Monica? My God you used to be so. . . I mean you, you, you, you must have lost like. . . You look great.
摩妮卡?老天,你以前好…我是說你…你一定減了…你美極了。
MONICA: Thank you. This is my friend Phoebe. She's gonna be helping me tonight.
謝謝。這是我朋友菲此她今天晚上來幫忙。
DR. BURKE: Hi Phoebe, nice to meet you. So, how ya been?
菲此,幸會。你近來如何?
MONICA: I've been great, just great. How have you been?
很好呀,很好,你呢?
DR. BURKE: Oh, well obviously you know Barbara and I split up, otherwise you wouldn't have done the head tilt.
你大概也知道我跟芭芭拉分手了…不然你不會來歪頭那一招。
MONICA: The head tilt?
歪頭?
DR. BURKE: Yeah, since the divorce, when anybody asks me how I am, it's always with a sympathetic head tilt. 'How ya doin'? You OK?'
對,自從離了婚當別人向我問好時…他們總是同情地歪頭問”你好嗎?不要緊吧?”
MONICA: I'm sorry.
對不起。
DR. BURKE: No no, it, it's fine, believe me. I do it too. I always answer with the 'I'm OK' head bob. 'I'm OK.' 'You sure?' 'Yeah, I'm fine.' Hey listen, I've got to set up the music. I got a new CD changer, of course the divorce only left me with 4 CD's to change.
不…沒關系相信我,我也一樣。我總是以點頭來表示”我沒事””你確定?””對,我沒事”。聽著,我得去放音樂了我有個自動換片音響。當然了,離婚的結果我只剩四張CD可換了。
MONICA: Oh, that's too bad.
真不幸。
DR. BURKE: I'll survive.
死不了的。