Susan: I'm coming!
來了!
Susan: Karl, what are you doing here? I asked you to come tomorrow.
Karl,你在這干什么? 我讓你明天來。
Karl: You said you wanted to talk. It sounded important.
你說你想談談,聽上去很重要的樣子。
Susan: Tomorrow. I'm in a towel.
明天! 我全身只裹著條浴巾。
Karl: We were married 14 years. I know what's under there. Come on.
我們結婚14年了。我知道那下面有些什么,說吧。
Susan: I'm not really ready for this. I was going to have a whole speech prepared.
我還沒準備好。我本來是打算把想說的東西整個準備好的。
Karl: Brandi and I have plans tomorrow. I suggest you wing it.
Brandi和我明天有計劃了。我建議你還是即興發揮吧。
Susan: um, okay. Here's the thing, Karl — I was thinking about what happened in the driveway yesterday, and... II just don't want to —
嗯,好吧。是這樣的, Karl……我在想昨天在車道上發生的事情。我……我只是不想……
I don't want to live like that. I don't want to be that kind of person, and I just thought if the two of us, you know, if we had a nice, calm —
我不想那樣子生活。我不想做那樣的人,而且我想如果我們兩個,你知道,如果我們能有一個愉快,冷靜……
Susan: I need an apology, Karl.
我要你道歉,Karl。
Karl: A what?
什么?
Susan: An apology for the way you ended our marriage. You never took any responsibility for your behavior.
要你為這樣終止我們婚姻而道歉。你對于你的行為從來沒有負責過。
Karl: I don't know what to say, Susan. The heart wants what it wants.
我不知道該說什么,Susan。一切順從心意。
Susan: What does that mean?
什么意思?
Karl: I fell in love.
我愛上別人了。
Susan: While you were married to someone else.
在你已經和其他人結婚的時候。
Karl: The heart wants what it wants.
一切順從心意。
Susan: Yeah, well, my heart wants to hurt you, but I can control myself.
是啊,我心里想傷害你,但我能控制自己。
Karl: II don't want to go back to that ugly place, really, and if you do, I suggest that you get some help.
我 我真的不想再回到那種不愉快的境地。如果你想的話,我建議你尋求一些幫助。
Susan: You know what? I don't need an apology. I don't need anything from you.
你知道么?我不需要一個道歉。我不想從你那兒得到任何東西。
Karl: You're humiliating yourself.
你在羞辱你自己。
Susan: No, you're the one who's been humiliated, Karl. Why don't you see that? You walked out on your family.
不,被羞辱的人是你,Karl。為什么你不明白呢? 你拋下了自己的妻女。
People think you're scum, not me, so worry about yourself. I'm okay with me. I can walk down the street and hold my head high.
人們會認為你是渣子,而不是我。所以擔心擔心你自己吧,我可很好。我能昂首挺胸地走在街上。