Reynolds: Does anybody want to tell me why Mr. Genius is ignoring the guy he's here talk to? I mean, what is he waiting for?
誰來告訴我天才先生為什么不理那個人,他進去不就是為了和他談話嗎?他到底在等什么?
Foster: Andrew Jenkins is a highly skilledpathological liar. If we come at him head on, we'll get nothing.
Andrew Jenkins是個高超病態撒謊者。如果我們直接找他,就會一無所獲。
Reynolds: If Jenkins has Intel on thecopycat, it'd be good to get it before another woman gets abducted.
如果Jenkins知道模仿犯的信息,我們最好在下一名女性被綁架前弄清楚。
Foster: Lightman wants Jenkins to make thefirst move, and he will.
Lightman想讓Jenkins先走棋,他辦得到。
Reynolds: And what if he gets made?
如果他被迫先走了呢?
Foster: He won't.
不會的。
Torres: Agent Reynolds, if you didn't thinkwe could do the job, why did the FBI bring us on the case?
Reynolds探員,如果你認為我們無法勝任,為什么FBI要勞神讓我們介入?
Reynolds: Look, I’ve interviewed Jenkinsfive times and I got zero on the copycat.
聽著,我審問Jenkins五次了,一無所獲。
So let me put it this way. I don't believein holistic medicine, but if the chemo's not working, I’ll give acupuncture ashot.
這么說吧。我不相信整體醫學但如果化療不起作用,我愿意試試針灸。
Jenkins: Hey, man, you need a hand?
嘿,伙計,需要幫忙嗎?
Foster: I think acupuncture's about to payoff.
我想針灸要奏效了。
Jenkins: Hello? If you change your mind,just give me a yell. Name’s Andrew Jenkins.
嗨?如果你改主意了,就喊我一聲。我叫AndrewJenkins。
Foster: Progress. Patience is not one ofyour virtues, is it, Agent Reynolds?
進展順利。你這人就是缺乏耐心是吧,Reynolds探員?
Reynolds: No.
對。
Foster: Is that Jenkins' fan mail?
那是Jenkins粉絲的郵件?
Staff: Ten years of sickos and freaksworshipping him.
那些變態怪咖敬拜了他十年。
Foster: All right, take it all back to theoffice. Odds are good the copycat's in there somewhere.
好吧,都放到辦公室去。很有可能模仿犯就在其中。
Torres: Good luck.
祝你好運。
Lightman: Heard about you on TV. You'rethat—you got that copycat, right?
從電視上聽說過你。你就是那個...你有個模仿者,對吧?
Foster: Swelling chest, chin up, smile.That's pride.
挺胸,仰顎,微笑。自豪的表現。
Lightman: I don't get it myself. I mean,you're just another pervert who can't close.
我不明白。我是說,你只不過是個無法自制的變態罷了。
Jenkins: Is that who I am?
僅此而已?
Lightman: What happens, you just, youget...you get queasy when it comes time to finish, is that it?
怎么了,你只是,你...一提到結束你就不安,是嗎?
Jenkins: What are you in for?
你犯了什么事?
Lightman: I got an ex-wife who sometimesdoesn't let me see my kids. And a cop took her side. And a jury said that Ikilled him.
我前妻總不讓我見孩子。有個警察偏袒她。陪審團說我殺了他。
Jenkins: This, um, this cop...Does he jerkawake every morning with your name on his lips?
這個...這個警察...每天早晨都會念叨著你的名字驚醒嗎?
Is your face the last thing he sees everynight before he falls asleep?
每晚入睡前你的臉都縈繞在他腦海里?
When he meets someone new, hears the horrorin their voice, who does your cop think of?
當他新認識什么人,從他們聲音中聽出驚恐,那個警察會想到誰?
Oh, wait. That's…that's right. He's notthinking of anyone.
哦,等等。對。他不可能想到任何人。
Lightman: Take your point.
明白了。
Jenkins: Thought you might.
我想也是。