你想和我一起吃晚飯嗎?
MIKE: Just the two of us?
就我們倆?
SUSAN: Heh, well, and Julie. Uh, it's a thing we do when somebody new moves into the neighbourhood, we invite them over for a homecooked meal. Sort of a tradition.
呃,還有Julie。當有新鄰居搬來時,我們會邀請他們來家里吃一頓晚餐,是老傳統。
MIKE: You said you were a lousy cook.
我記得你說過你廚藝不精。
SUSAN: Well. I order takeout.
那么,我叫外賣。
MIKE: Oh, you invite them over for a homecooked meal and you order takeout.
哦,你邀請別人來家里吃飯,然后叫外賣。
SUSAN: Yeah, it's sort of a new tradition. I'm working out the kinks.
是的,這,這是一種新的習俗。我突發奇想。
MIKE: I'll tell you what. How'bout I cook? And you guys come over to my place.
這樣吧,我來做飯。你們來我家吃飯,怎么樣?
SUSAN: Oh. Great.
好極了。
MIKE: Friday night at six?
星期五晚上六點?
SUSAN: I'll be there.
我會準時到的。
MIKE: Alright.
好的,走吧。
SUSAN: Bye, Bongo.
再見,Bongo。
SUSAN: Julie? Mike Delfino just invited us to dinner Friday night.
Julie! Mike Delfino剛剛邀請了我們星期五晚上去吃晚飯。
JULIE: He did? Cool.
是嗎?太酷了。
SUSAN: But only I'm going. Because you're gonna come down with something semiserious that requires bedrest and fluids.
但我要一個人去。因為你得了比較嚴重的病,需要好好休息和打吊針。
NARRATOR: Julie was glad Susan was rekindling her love life. Of course, she was unaware of her mother's recent track record with fire.
Julie 很高興Susan重新開始了她的愛情生活。當然,她她媽媽縱火的劣跡。
EDIE: It's all gone. Everything my exhusband's worked for all those years. Gone.
都過去了……我的前夫這些年的辛苦都白費了。
MRS HUBER: Don't worry about clothing, I already started a collection from people in the neighbourhood.
好了,別擔心衣服了,我已經開始去鄰里搜集一些衣服了。
EDIE: What? I don't wanna wear other people's old crap.
什么?我可不想穿別人的舊衣服。
MRS HUBER: Edie, you can be homeless or you can be ungracious. You really can't afford to be both.
Edie,你可以無家可歸,也可以穿著寒磣。如果兩樣兼備可夠你受的。
EDIE: That reminds me. My insurance cheque still hasn't come yet. Can I stay with you for a few more weeks?
這提醒了我,我的保險支票還沒到呢。我能在這多住幾個星期嗎?
MRS HUBER: Of course. What kind of Christian would I be if I denied shelter to a friend in need? Oh look, here's something we can salvage, your measuring cup. We can just scrape off the burnt part and it'll look good as new.
當然,如果我幫助處在困境中的朋友,還算什么基督徒呢?哦,看這個,我們可以變廢為寶。我們將燒壞的部分刮掉,就會和新的一樣了。
EDIE: That's not my cup. Mine was plastic.
那不是我的杯子,我的是塑料制的。
MRS HUBER: Well, how did it get in here?
那它是怎么到這來的?
EDIE: I don't know. Who cares? Now would you put that down and start looking for jewellery?
我不知道。這有什么大不了的?現在你能把那玩意放下,然后開始找珠寶了嗎?