BREE: Um, Doc...mm...
醫生,呃,
REX: This is the thing you need to know about Bree. She doesn't like to talk about her feelings. To be honest, it's hard to know if she has any. Does she feel anger, rage, ecstasy? Who knows? She's always... pleasant. And I can't tell you how annoying that is. Whatever she feels is so far below the surface that.. that none can see… she uses all those domestic things...
你必須了解Bree…… 她不愿意談論她的感情。老實說,很難知道她是否還有感情。她有過生氣,勃然大怒或者欣喜若狂嗎?誰知道?她總是顯得很開心。我無法描述這會讓人多么惱火,不管她感覺如何,都隱藏在心里,沒有人能知道。我感到她一直在用這些……
DR GOLDFINE: Bree? Bree.
Bree?Bree。
BREE: What? II'm sorry.
什么?呃,很抱歉。
DR GOLDFINE: Would you like to respond to what Rex just said?
你愿意談談剛剛Rex所說的嗎?
BREE: Oh, I…
呃,我……
DR GOLDFINE: Is there some truth there? Do you use housework as a way to disengage emotionally?
他說的是真的嗎?你用家務活去掩蓋你的感情?
BREE: Of course not.
當然不是。
JOHN: This is great. I got tons of homework tonight. It's so much easier to concentrate after sex.
啊,這太棒了。今天晚上我要大干一場了。做愛之后干什么都容易集中精力。
GABRIELLE: I'm glad I could help. Education is very important.
很高興我能幫上忙。教育很重要。
JOHN: Oh, I got something for you. I was gonna give it to you the next time I mowed your lawn, but since you're here…
哦,有樣東西要給你。我本來打算下次去除草的時候給你,不過既然你來了。
GABRIELLE: Oh, it's a rose.
噢,是朵玫瑰。
JOHN: It's not just any rose. Look at all the petals. There's no flaws, it's perfect.
這不是普通的玫瑰,看看所有這些花瓣,都沒有瑕疵,它很完美。
GABRIELLE: Oh, John.
哦,John。
JOHN: Just like you.
就像你一樣。
NARRATOR: The truth hit her like a thunderbolt.
事實像雷電一樣擊中了她。
JOHN: I spent days looking for this one. Finally found it.
我花了好多天去找最完美的一朵。終于找到了。
NARRATOR: For John, this was no longer a meaningless little affair. Gabrielle could now clearly see he was falling in love with her.
對John來說,這不再是輕描淡寫的風流韻事。Gabrielle 明顯的看出來,他已經愛上了她。
GABRIELLE: It's just beautiful. I, uh, I gotta go.
它很美,我…… 我得走了。