1. end up
(1) 最后來到
eg. She fled with her children, moving from neighbour to neighbour and ending up in a friend's basement.
她和她的孩子們逃走了,從一家鄰居轉到另一家,最終來到一個朋友家的地下室。
(2) 到頭來
eg. If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.
如果你不知道自己想要什么,你可能會到頭來得到自己不想要的東西。
eg. Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.
每次他們去跳舞,到頭來總是掃興而歸。
2. what if: 如果……將會怎么樣
eg. What if I have no debts?
如果我沒債務怎么辦?
eg. What if this is all there is to our life?
如果這一切就是我們的生活,怎么辦?
3. help out: 幫助解決難題
eg. I help out with the secretarial work.
我幫助做秘書工作。
eg. All these presents came to more money than I had, and my mother had to help me out.
所有這些禮物的價錢超過了我所帶的錢,母親只好把錢借給我。
4. go off
(1) (炸彈) 爆炸;(槍) 開擊
eg. A few minutes later the bomb went off, destroying the vehicle.
幾分鐘后炸彈爆炸了,摧毀了那輛車。
(2) (警報器) 突發巨響
eg. Then the fire alarm went off. I just grabbed my clothes and ran out.
之后火警響了,我只抓起衣服就跑了出去。
(3) (電氣設備) 停止運作
eg. As the water came in the windows, all the lights went off.
隨著水從窗戶涌進來,所有的燈都滅了。
5. Supposably: supposedly是supposably的標準形式,supposably的意思僅僅局限在"能夠被假定地",另外這個詞只在美國被使用。如果你不想和別人爭論而陷入麻煩的話,你就可以堅持說supposedly(按照推測地)。joey顯然不懂這個詞的意思,所以造了個那樣的句子。