1. go over: 走過去
eg. You go over to the Coke machine, get your Coke and come back out.
你到對面的可樂機那兒買到你的可樂后再走回來。
2. go through: 檢查,審查,搜查(這里指收拾)
eg. He was going through a very difficult time.
他在經歷一段非常艱難的時期。
(2) 檢查
eg. It was evident that someone had gone through my possessions.
顯然有人翻過我的物品。
(3) 通讀;查閱
eg. Going through his list of customers is a massive job.
查閱他的客戶名單是一項繁重的工作。
3. for one's sake: 為……起見,為了……好,因為某人的緣故
eg. He tried to assure me that he wouldn't lie just for one dollar's sake.
他向我保證他不會為了一美元而講假話。
4. screw up: 弄糟
eg. You can't open the window because it screws up the air conditioning.
你不能開窗,因為那樣會破壞空調。
eg. Get out. Haven't you screwed things up enough already?
出去,難道你把事情弄得還不夠糟嗎?
5. rent out: 租出
eg. They had to rent out the upstairs room for years.
他們只好把樓上那間房租出去幾年。
6. ease up:(非正)減輕;放松
eg. The pain began to ease up.
疼痛開始緩解。
eg. The rain had eased up.
雨勢減緩了。
7. be aware of: 意識到
eg. And we have to be aware of that, and not let it control us.
我們必須意識到這一點,而不是讓它控制我們。