JULIE: Hey, what's going on?
嗨,怎么了?
SUSAN: Sorry I'm late.
抱歉我來遲了。
GABRIELLE: Hi ,Susan!
嗨,Susan!
LYNETTE: Hey.
嘿!
MARY ALICE: So? What did Carl say when you confronted him?
嗨,那么,當你反對的時候,Carl怎么說?
SUSAN: You'll love this, he said it doesn't mean anything, it was just sex.
你會喜歡這個的,他說“這不代表什么,只是性。
BREE: Oh yes, page one of the philanderer's handbook.
哦是的,這是那些花花公子手冊上第一頁所寫的。
SUSAN: Yeah, and then he got this Zen look on his face, and he said, you know Susan, most men live lives of quiet desperation.
是的,然后他擺出一臉無辜的表情,說:“你知道的,Susan,大部分男人都在平靜的絕望中過著他們的生活?!?/div>
LYNETTE: Please tell me you punched him.
請告訴我說你踹了他。
SUSAN: No, I said, really? And what do most women lead, lives of noisy fulfillment?
沒有,我說,“是么,那么大部分女人每天所過的吵吵鬧鬧的日子又是什么呢?”
GABRIELLE: Hmm.
嗯。
MARY ALICE: Good for you.
嗯,說得好。
SUSAN: I mean, of all people, did he have to bang his secretary? I had that woman over for brunch
我不明白,那么多人,干嘛和他的秘書搞在一起?大概她的早餐做得比我好。
GABRIELLE: It's like my grandmother always said, an erect penis doesn't have a conscience.
就像我祖母說的男人勃起的時候毫無道德可言。
LYNETTE: Even the limp ones aren't that ethical
就算沒勃起的時候也是沒什么道德的。
BREE: This is half the reason I joined the NRA. Well, when Rex started going to those medical conferences, I wanted at the back of his mind that he had a loving wife at home, with a loaded Smith and Wesson.
這是半個我加入NRA的原因。嗯,當Rex開始參加這些醫學會議時,我希望他記得還有個愛他的妻子在家里等他,還有一群孩子。
MARY ALICE: Lynnie? Tom's always away on business. Do you ever worry he might..?
Lynnie,Tom總是在外面公干,難道你不擔心么?
LYNETTE: Oh, please, the man's gotten me pregnant three times in four years. I wish he was having sex with someone else.
哦,拜托,這個男人讓我在4年內懷了3次孕。我希望他去和別人做愛。
BREE: So Susan, is he going to stop seeing that woman?
那么, Susan,他決定不再見那個女人了么?
SUSAN: I don't know. I'm sorry you guys, I just... I just don't know how I'm going to survive this.
我不知道。我很抱歉,我只是……我只是不知道該如何渡過這一切。
MARY ALICE: Listen to me. We all have moments of desperation. But if we can face them head on, that's how we find out just how strong we really are.
聽我說,我們都有過絕望的時候。但是當我們勇于面對這些并繼續前進, 我們就會發現自己是多么堅強。