JULIE: His wife died a year ago, he wanted to stay in LA but there were too many memories. He's renting for tax purposes, but he's hoping to buy a place real soon.
他妻子一年前死了,他想待在 L.A.,但是那有太多的回憶。他租了那里,但是想盡快買個房子。
SUSAN: I can't believe you went over there.
真不敢相信你跑去那里了。
JULIE: Hey, I saw you both flirting at the wake. You're obviously into each other. Now that you know he's single, you can ask him out.
那天我看見你們在互相調情。你們互相吸引。現在你知道他是單身,就可以約他出來。
SUSAN: Julie, I like Mr. Delfino, I do. It's just, I don't know if I'm ready to start dating yet.
Julie,我的確喜歡Delfino先生。我只是……我還不知道自己是否準備好要開始約會了。
JULIE: Ugh, you need to get back out there. Come on. How long has it been since you've had sex? Are you mad that I asked you that?
哦,你需要從這里走出去。去吧,你有多久沒做愛了?我問這個會不會讓你生氣?
SUSAN: No, I'm just trying to remember. I don't wanna talk to you about my love life anymore, it weirds me out.
不,我只是在想。我不想和你談我的感情生活。這很奇怪。
JULIE: I wouldn't have said anything it's just…
我不會說什么了,只是……
SUSAN: What?
什么?
JULIE: I heard Dad's girlfriend asking if you'd dated anyone since the divorce, and Dad said he doubted it. And then they both laughed.
我聽說老爸的女朋友問你后有沒有什么約會,老爸說他很懷疑,然后他們都笑了。
MIKE: Hey, Susan.
你好,Susan。
SUSAN: Hi Mike. I brought you a little housewarming gift. I probably should've brought something by earlier, but...
你好,Mike。我帶了點小禮物,歡迎你來這里住。我應該早點來的,但是……
MIKE: Actually, you're the first in the neighborhood to stop by.
事實上,你是第一個來拜訪我的人。
SUSAN: Really?
真的么?
NARRATOR: Susan knew she was lucky. An eligible bachelor had moved onto Wisteria Lane, and she was the first to find out. But she also knew that good news travels quickly.
Susan知道她很幸運。一個條件不錯的單身漢搬來wisteria lane住,她是第一個發現的人。但是她也知道好消息……傳得很快。
EDIE: Hello there!
你好!
NARRATOR: Edie Britt was the most predatory divorcee in a 5 block radius. Her conquests were numerous... …varied… and legendary.
Edie Britt是附近最風騷的離婚女人,她的裙下之臣無數。各種各樣…… 簡直就像小說。
EDIE: Hi Susan, I hope I'm not interrupting. You must be Mike Delfino. Hi, I'm Edie. Britt. I live over there. Welcome to Wisteria Lane.
嗨,Susan.希望沒有打擾到你們。你一定就是Mike Delfino。嗨,我是Edie. Britt,我住那邊。歡迎你來Wisteria lane。
NARRATOR: Susan had met the enemy, and she was a slut.
Susan遇到了敵人,而且還是個蕩婦。
MIKE: Thank you, what's this?
謝謝,哈哈,這是什么?
EDIE: Sausage Puttenesca. It's just something I threw together.
一些臘腸之類的東西,我把他們混合了一下。
MIKE: Thanks, Edie. That's great. Uh, I'd invite you both in, but I was sorta in the middle of something.
哦,謝謝,Edie。哈哈,很棒。我應該你們進來,但是屋子很亂。
SUSAN: Oh, I'm late for an appointment anyway.
哦,反正我快遲到了。
EDIE: Oh, no problem, I just wanted to say hi
哦,沒事,我只是過來打聲招呼。
MIKE: Well, thanks.
謝謝。
NARRATOR: And just like that, the race for Mike Delfino had begun. For a moment, Susan wondered if her rivalry with Edie would remain friendly.
就這樣,對于Mike Delfino的競爭開始了。有那么一會兒,Susan很懷疑她和Edie能否友好競爭。
EDIE: Oh, Mike. I heard you're a… plumber?
哦,Mike。聽說你是個水管工?
MIKE: Yeah.
是的。
EDIE: Do you think you could stop by later tonight and take a look at my pipes?
今天晚上有沒有空幫我看看我家的水管?
NARRATOR: But she was reminded that when it came to men? Women don't fight fair.
但是她想起,當男人……女人不會打架。
MIKE: Sure.
當然。