DANIELLE: Why can't we ever have normal soup?
我們為什么不能喝普通一點的湯?
BREE: Danielle, there is nothing abnormal about basil puree.
Danielle,羅勒湯沒什么不正常的啊。
DANIELLE: Just once, can we have a soup that people have heard of? Like, french onion or navy bean.
只要一次就好,難到我們不能喝點大家都知道的湯?就像法國洋蔥或者是菜豆?
BREE: First of all, your father can't eat onions, he's deadly allergic. And I won't even dignify your navy bean suggestion. So. How's the osso bucco?
你們的父親不能吃洋蔥,他對這個極度過敏。還有,你那個關于菜豆的建議我是不會考慮的。那么……燉小牛脛怎么樣?
ANDREW: It's OK.
可以。
BREE: It's OK? Andrew, I spent 3 hours cooking this meal. How do you think it makes me feel when you say it's OK, in that sullen tone?
可以?Andrew,我花了3個小時準備晚餐。你覺得如果我聽到有人用那種悶悶的口氣跟我說“可以”我是什么感覺?
ANDREW: Who asked you to spend 3 hours on dinner?
沒人讓你花3個小時做晚餐?
BREE: Excuse me?
什么?
ANDREW: Tim Harper's mom gets home from work, pops open a can of pork and beans, and boom, they're eating, everyone's happy.
Tim Harper的媽媽下班后才回家,開一罐豬肉大豆罐頭,他們就這么吃,每個人都吃得很開心。
BREE: You'd rather I serve pork and beans?
你情愿我給你們做大豆或是豬肉?
DANIELLE: Apologize now, I am begging.
現在給我道歉。
ANDREW: I'm just saying, do you always have to serve cuisine? Can't we ever just have food?
我是說,你干嘛總要弄這些來顯示你的廚藝呢?難道我們不能就是吃飯而已?
BREE: Are you doing drugs?
你磕藥了么?
ANDREW: What!?
什么?
BREE: Change in behaviour is one of the warning signs, and you have been as fresh as paint for the last 6 months. That certainly would explain why you're always locked in the bathroom.
怪異的行為是一種信號,之前半年都很正常。這個就是你總是把自己關在浴室里的原因么。
DANIELLE: Trust me, that is not what he is doing
相信我,他絕對沒有那么做。
ANDREW: Shut up. Mom, I'm not the one with the problem here, alright? You're the one always acting like she's running for mayor of Stepford.
閉嘴。媽媽,這兒有問題的人不是我,明白么?你總是搞得好像你要去競選Stepford市市長一樣。
BREE: Rex. Seeing as you're the head of this household, I would really appreciate you saying something.
Rex... 你是一家之主,你不應該說點什么么?
REX: Pass the salt?
把鹽給我?
NARRATOR: Three days after my funeral, Lynette replaced her grief with a much more useful emotion indignation.
葬禮后的3天,Lynette調試了自己的心情,不再悲痛,而是憤怒。
LYNETTE: Tom, this is my 5th message and you still haven't called me back. Well, you must be having a lot of fun on your business trip. I can only imagine. Well, guess what, the kids and I wanna have some fun too, so unless you call me back by noon, we are getting on a plane and joining you.
Tom,這是我的第五通留言了,你還不給我回話。我相信你在外面一定玩得很開心吧。我可以想象。猜猜看……我和孩子們也要出去玩玩。除非你中午之前給我回電話,我們正在飛機上,馬上就加入你們。
PRESTON: Mom!
媽媽!
LYNETTE: Not now, honey, Mommy's threatening Daddy.
等等,寶貝,我正在威脅你爸爸。
PRESTON: Mom!
媽媽。
LYNETTE: No, I am not... Where're your brothers?
不,我……你兄弟呢?
PORTER: Noodles, my favourite!
面條,我的最愛。
SHOPPER: Lynette Scavo?
Lynette Scavo?
LYNETTE: Crap. Natalie Klein, I don't believe it!
廢話。Natalie Klein. 真不敢相信。
SHOPPER: Lynette! How long has it been?
Lynette. 我們多久沒見了?