NARRATOR: My name is Mary Alice Young.
我是Mary Alice Young。
When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article about the unusual day I had last week.
當你瀏覽今天的晨報,可能會讀到一篇文章關于上個星期我所渡過的不平常的一天。
Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life.
通常,我的生活里是沒有什么有新聞報道價值的。
That all changed last Thursday.
但是上個星期四一切都改變了。
Of course everything seemed as normal at first.
當然,起初,一切看起來都很平常。
I made my breakfast for my family.
我給一家人做好早餐。
MARY ALICE: Here we are. Waffles.
華夫餅來了。
NARRATOR: I performed my chores.
我做好了做家務。
NARRATOR: I completed my projects.
完成我的手工作品。
NARRATOR: I ran my errands.
完成我的使命。
NARRATOR: In truth, I spent the day as I spend every other day quietly polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection.
事實上,和平時沒什么不同——一切都和往常一樣,直到一件不尋常的事情的發生。
NARRATOR: That's why it was so astonishing when I decided to go to my hallway closet to retrieve a revolver that had never been used.
這就是為什么一切令人震驚,當我決定走向走廊的壁櫥,拿起一把從沒用過的左輪手槍。
NARRATOR: My body was discovered by my neighbor, Mrs. Martha Huber, who had been startled by a strange popping sound.
我的尸體是被我的鄰居Martha Huber發現的,她被一聲奇怪的聲音嚇了一跳。
Her curiosity aroused, Mrs. Huber tried to think of a reason for dropping in on me unannounced.
她覺得很好奇,Huber太太想了一個不請自來的理由。
After some initial hesitation, she decided to return the blender she had borrowed from me 6 months before.
在猶豫了一會之后,她決定來歸還她6個月前從我這里借去攪拌器。
MRS HUBER: It's my neighbor. I think she's been shot, there's blood everywhere.
我的鄰居。我覺得她被槍擊了,到處都是血。
Yes, you've got to send an ambulance. You've got to send one right now!
是的,趕緊派救護車,叫救護車。
NARRATOR: And for a moment, Mrs. Huber stood motionless in her kitchen griefstricken by this senseless tragedy. But, only for a moment.
過了一會之后,Huber太太呆呆地站在廚房里,因為這件事情而感到極度悲傷。但是只有那么一會。
NARRATOR: If there was one thing Mrs. Huber was known for, it was her ability to look on the bright side.
如果說Huber最大的特點,就是她總能把事情往好的方面想。