Rachel: Where are you going?
你要上哪兒去?
Phoebe: Um, oh, I've got a birthday party, with some work people.
我要和同事去參加生日會。
Chandler: Work people? Nobody told me.
同事?沒人跟我說?
Phoebe: No, I know. That's a part of the whole, you know, them not liking you extravaganza.
我知道,他們中的一部分不希望你大駕光臨。
Chandler: You know, I don't get this. A month ago, these people were my friends. You know, just because I'm in charge doesn't mean I'm a different person.
你知道,我迷糊了。一個月前他們是我朋友,當上主管并不代表我會變。
Phoebe: Well, then you should come tonight. You know, just hang out with them. Let them see what a great guy you still are.
那么說你今晚該來。和他們多相處,讓他們知道你還是個大好人。
Chandler: You think I should?
你真的認為我該去
Phoebe: I really do, yeah.
對,你該去。
Chandler: Okay.
好的。
Phoebe: Okay.
好的。
Chandler: Okay.
好的。
Phoebe: Oh, but, could we not go together? I,I don't wanna be the geek that invited the boss.
我們能不一起去嗎,我不想成為邀請上司的家伙。
Ross: Hey, you okey?
你還好吧?
Monica: Yeah.
還好。
Ross: This can't be easy for him either.
這對他來說也不容易。
Monica: I know.
我知道。
Ross: This may take him sometime to get over it... but,then at four Muppet Babies is on.
這對他來說可能需要一段時間來克服,但是,四點閃電俠就要開始了。
Chandler: Go deep, deep. Sorry, Shelly. See, with the fun? I think last night was great. You know, the Karaoke thing. Tracy and I doing Ebony and Ivory.
在深點,深點。對不起,Shelly。你看見沒,很開心?昨晚真是太棒了,卡拉0K,我和Tracy合唱了首《烏木與象牙》。
Phoebe: You were great. But they still made fun of you.
你表現得很好,大家仍然取笑你。
Chandler: What?
什么?
Phoebe: You know, now you're more like, you know like, "Mr. Caring Boss," "Mr.", you know, "I'm one of you, Boss," "Mr., I wanna be your buddy, Boss Man Bing!"
你現在成了“管家婆”上司,“我要你”上司,“稱兄道弟”上司。
Chandler: Then, I don't get it.
我更迷糊了。
Phoebe: Well, you know what Chandler? I think you've gotta face it. You're like, the guy in the big office, you know. You're the one that hires them, and that fires them... They still say you're a great boss.
Chandler,你得面對現實,你像個坐在大辦室里的人一樣,有權錄取他們,也有權開除他們,他們仍說你是個好上司。
Chandler: They do?
他們會嗎?
Phoebe: Uh huh. But they're not your friends anymore.
但是他們不再是你的朋友
Chandler: I just want to...
我只是想……
Phoebe: No, but you can't.
你不能。
Chandler: But I just wa...
你不是要去……
Phoebe: Uh uh.
嗯。
Monica: Aren't you gonna...
不是要去……
Ross: Oh, Carol and I have a new system. If she punches in 911, it means she's having a baby, otherwise I just ignore it.
卡蘿和我有了新系統,如果打911就代表她將生產,否則我就根本不理會。
Joey: What about Andr?
Andr怎么樣?
Ross: Oh, well this morning he got a call from whom I think was our cousin Nathan, and frankly, it was a little more than I needed to know.
早上他接到我表弟Nathan的電話,老實說我知道太多內幕了。