Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.
但女孩偶爾總是會墜入愛河的
It gives her something to think of
讓她有點東西可想
and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.
并讓她與同伴有所不同
I'm sure that will cheer her up, Papa. - It's your turn now, Lizzie.
我相信這會讓她開心,爸爸 - 現在輪到妳了,伊莉莎白
You've turned down Collins.
妳拒絕了柯林斯
You're free to go off and be jilted yourself.
妳可以自由地戀愛或被拋棄
What about Mr Wickham?
維克先生如何?
He's a pleasant fellow and he'd do the job credibly.
他令人愉悅且認真工作
Father... - And you have an affectionate mother
爸爸… - 妳還有個親愛的母親?
who would make the most of it.
會善加利用這點
Charlotte! - My dear Lizzie.
夏綠蒂 - 我親愛的伊莉莎白
I've come her to tell you the news. Mr Collins and I are... engaged.
我要告訴妳一件事 柯林斯先生和我…訂婚了
Engaged? - Yes.
訂婚? - 是的
To be married? - What other kind of engaged is there?
要結婚? - 當然,不然還有哪種訂婚?
For heaven's sake, Lizzie, don't look at me like that.
看在老天份上,伊莉莎白 別那樣看我
I should be as happy with him as any other.
我跟他應該會很快樂的
But he's ridiculous. - Oh, hush.
但他很可笑 - 別太苛刻
Not all of us can afford to be romantic.
不是所有人都能享受浪漫
I've been offered a comfortable home and protection.
他提供我舒適的家和保護
There's a lot to be thankful for.
我已經充滿感激了
I'm 27 years old. I've no money and no prospects.
我已經27歲 我沒錢也沒未來
I'm already a burden to my parents.
我已經是我父母的負擔
And I'm frightened.
而且我很害怕