Mrs Bennet, I was hoping, if it would not trouble you,
班奈特太太 若不會太麻煩
that I might solicit a private audience with Miss Elizabeth.
我想私下和伊莉莎白小姐談談
Oh, certainly, Lizzie would be very happy indeed.
當然好,伊莉莎白會很開心的
Everyone, out. Mr Collins would like a private audience with your sister.
大家出去,柯林斯先生 想私下和伊莉莎白說話
Wait, Mr Collins can have nothing to say to me that anybody need not hear.
等等,柯林斯要跟我說的話 大家都可以聽
I desire you will stay where you are. Everyone else to the drawing room.
伊莉莎白,我要妳待在原處 其他人都到繪圖室
Mr Bennet. - But...
班奈特先生 - 但…
Now.
快
Jane. Jane, don't... Jane! - Jane.
珍,別走…珍 - 珍
Papa, stay.
爸爸,留下來
Dear Miss Elizabeth,
親愛的伊莉莎白小姐
My attentions have been too marked to be mistaken.
我的意圖明顯得不容誤會
Almost as soon as I entered the house,
我幾乎一進入這個房子
I singled you out as the companion of my future life.
就選妳為我未來的伴侶
But before I am run away with my feelings,
在我表達我的感情之前
perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying.
也許我該說明我結婚的理由
Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman
第一,這是神職人員的責任
to set the example of matrimony in his parish.
在他的教區立下婚姻的典范
Secondly, I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness.
第二,我相信這能讓我更快樂
And thirdly, that it is at the urging
第三,我所尊敬的贊助人
of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine,
凱薩琳夫人敦促我
that I select a wife.
要選個妻子