I love this dance. -lndeed. Most invigorating.
我喜歡這支舞 - 是的,很有精神
It is your turn to say something, Mr Darcy.
輪到你說些話了,達西先生
I talked about the dance.
我談過這支舞?
Now you ought to remark on the size of the room or the number of couples.
現在你該談談 這房間有幾對佳偶
I'm perfectly happy to oblige. What would you like most to hear?
我很樂意,妳最想聽什麼?
That reply will do for present.
目前這個回答就夠了
Perhaps by and by I may observe
也許我會漸漸認為
that private balls are much pleasanter than public ones.
私人舞會比公共舞會愉快得多
For now, we may remain silent.
現在我們還是保持安靜吧
Do you talk as a rule while dancing?
妳認為跳舞時說話 是種規矩嗎?
No. No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn.
不,我情愿不要交際保持沉默
Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?
會更享受,你不覺得嗎?
Tell me, do you and your sisters very often walk to Meryton?
妳和妳姊妹 常散步到美樂頓嗎?
Yes, we often walk to Meryton.
是的,我們常去
It's a great opportunity to meet new people.
那是認識新朋友的好機會
When you met us, we'd just had the pleasure of forming a new acquaintance.
你遇到我們時 我們正在認識新朋友
Mr Wickham's blessed with such happy manners, he's sure of making friends.
維克先生 很幸運地擁有交友的天份
Whether he's capable of retaining them is less so.
是否能保持友誼就不一定了
He's been so unfortunate as to lose your friendship. That is irreversible?
他很不幸地失去你的友誼 這點無法改變嗎?
It is. Why do you ask such a question? - To make out your character.
是的,妳為何這麼問? - 好認清你的個性
What have you discovered? - Very little.
妳發現了什麼? - 非常少
I hear such different accounts of you as puzzle me exceedingly.
我聽到的是完全不同的你 讓我非常迷惑
I hope to afford you more clarity in the future.
希望將來我能讓妳認清事實