I thought that poetry was the food of love.
我以為情詩是愛情的泉源
Of a fine, stout love, it may.
對堅定不移的愛情來說也許是
But if it is only a vague inclination,
如果只是有一點好感
I'm convinced one poor sonnet will kill it stone dead.
一首爛情詩會令人卻步
So what do you recommend to encourage affection?
那你建議該如何促進感情?
Dancing.
跳舞
Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.
就算只是還可以的舞伴也行
Mr Bingley is just what a young man ought to be.
賓利先生是完美的紳士
Sensible, good humoured... - Handsome, conveniently rich. –
善解人意、風趣幽默 - 英俊瀟灑、家財萬貫
You know perfectly well do not believe marriage –
你不認為婚姻
should be driven by a lot of money. - I agree entirely.
應該以金錢為考量 - 我完全同意
Only the deepest love will persuade me into matrimony,
我只有找到真愛才會結婚
which is why I will end up an old maid.
所以我一定會是老處女
Do you really believe he liked me, Lizzie?
你真的覺得他喜歡我?
Jane, he danced with you most of the night
他大部份時間都跟你跳舞
and stared at you for the rest of it.
其它時間一直盯著你看
But I give you leave to like him. You've liked many a stupider person.
你太善良,看不出別人的缺點
Now, you're a great deal too apt to like people in general, you know.
而且你太容易喜歡人了
All the world is good and agreeable in your eyes.
在你眼里每個人都很不錯
Not his friend.
除了他的朋友
Oh, I still can't believe what he said about you.
他竟然會那么說你
Mr Darcy?
達西先生?
I could more easily forgive his vanity had he not wounded mine.
他沒傷我的自尊心我倒能原諒他
But no matter. doubt we shall ever speak again.
不過無所謂,我們不會再見面