單詞回顧:
1. occasionally: adv. 偶而,間或
eg. There's no harm in your staying up late occasionally.
偶爾晚睡并無妨害。
eg. You probably already watch it occasionally so why not watch it together.
你也可能偶爾已經看過,那為什么不一起看呢?
2. chase: 追
3. frisbee: 飛盤
4. babe =baby, sweetheart, honey
5. good hair=hairpiece(假發)
6. bunk: 為……提供臥鋪
eg. When I climbed into my bunk at midnight, dark thoughts joined me.
半夜里,我爬上了自己的鋪位,腦子里愁云密布。
eg. Bed was a steel bunk with a thin mattress.
監獄的床是鋼制的,床上只鋪一個薄薄的墊子。
短語學習:
1. pass on: 傳遞;繼續;去世
eg. Call new contacts to invite them to events, or to pass on information.
通過聯系新人來邀請他們參加活動,或者傳遞信息。
eg. If you want to keep growing, the best way to learn more is to pass on what you have already learned.
如果你想繼續成長,最好的辦法是將你所學到的傳揚出去。
eg. We expected him to pass on quickly after she died.
伯母去世后,我們以為伯父很快也會跟著離開。
2. laid out: 擺開(為作殯葬準備);陳列
eg. Seeing his clothes laid out at night was a joyful experience.
看著他的衣服在夜里陳列出來是件歡快的體驗。
eg. The quality products were neatly laid out in the exhibition hall.
優質產品整齊地陳列在展覽廳里。
3. keep an eye on: v. 照看;留意;密切注視
eg. Can you keep an eye on my baggage? I gotta go to the washroom.
請留意一下我的行李好嗎?我得去一下洗手間。
eg. Smart homes could keep an eye on elderly people and allow them to be more independent.
智能型家庭可以照看老年人,并且讓他們更加的獨立一些。
eg. Nonetheless, I wanted to keep an eye on things so my body didn't end up fluctuating as capriciously as my skirt lengths.
雖然如此,我還是想密切注視一些情況,只要我的身體不像裙子那樣隨意擺動。
4. break: 斷裂 break it off with: 與……斷絕交往
eg. Seriously interested in getting back together, she'd tell you and break it off with the other guy.
幸福不一定是她想要的,如果她是認真的想重新在一起,她會告訴你并且會和另一個人分手。
eg. It wasn't to marry Troy, it was to break off my relationship with him.
我并不是去嫁給托伊的,而是想去和他斷絕關系。
5. come clean with: 向……全盤招供;跟某人說實話
eg. When my heart started pounding out of my chest, I knew I had to come clean with my parents.
我的心開始連續猛擊我的胸部,我知道我必須對我的雙親和盤托出。
eg. After a few months with the support of her group Jennifer made the decision to come clean with her husband.
幾個月之后,在這個小組的支持下,珍妮弗決定和丈夫攤牌。