What are you up to? I'm writing a letter. With a picture in it?
你干嘛呢?寫信。還帶照片?
It's to the boy who owned Joey. I want to show him how wonderful he's looking.
是寫給Joey的前主人。我想讓他看看現在Joey多棒。
Before we take him away across the Channel to face a million Germans guns.
趁著我們帶他過海峽,去面對百萬德軍槍炮之前。
Yeah, before that.
是啊,趁此之前。
4 a.m. start tomorrow, tarvelling with the Dragoon Guards and the Royals.
明早4點開始,騎兵和皇家衛隊。
Transport detachment, they'll need to be at the docks at 5 a.m.
還有運輸支隊,都必須5點在碼頭集合。
Check all kit. Battlee orders: no polishing,
檢查所有套件,戰役命令:不得拋光,
Buttons, helmet buckles, stirrup irons, let them all go dull.
按鈕,頭盔扣,箍筋鐵桿,讓所有都顏色灰暗。
I want nothing to flash in the sun and give us away.
我可不想這些東西在陽光下閃爍,暴露身份。
Of course. What do you think of the new cap?
當然,你覺得新帽子咋樣?
Silk lining. I quite like it.
絲制的呢,我挺喜歡的。
I'm not sure it's going to make a lot of difference to the Germans.
可我感覺德國人也分不出,
Oh I don't know about that. Think about it...
這我就不知道了,但想想啊。
You are a Boche, just working out which of two chaps to shoot,
你要是個德國兵,有兩個人可以射擊。
And you thought, "Good Lord, one of them really is wearing a very stylish cap indeed!"
這時候你想,“噢天哪,兩人中有個戴了頂很時尚的帽子!”
You might shoot the other one instead.
很可能就把另外那個給崩了
Or, alternatively, think, "I fancy that cap," and kill you first of all.
也或許,他想,“我想要他那頂帽子!”然后先把你給崩了。
Hadn't thought of that. FRANCE 1914 QUIEVRECHAIN
這我倒沒想到,法國 1914年 QUIEVRECHAIN(地名)
That is our target, the German 11th Division,
這是我們的目標,德軍11分部。
At the moment bivouacked 3 miles to the east of the Menin Road.
現在Menin路以東三英里處
We have been watching them and they have pitched tents for the night and lit cooking fires.
我們一直在監視他們,他們支起了帳篷點起了篝火準備過夜
Knock them out, and we could slide in behind the German lines...
我們可以繞到德軍后方
And come at them from the South at Geluveld. Excellent.
然后在Geluveld以南對他們偷襲。太好了。
Numbers? About 600. Infantry.
人數呢?大概六百人,步兵。
Twice our size... In regiments of horse and men, the advantage is ours.
是咱的兩倍啊,算上馬和人,咱有優勢。
And we have surprise on our side. But the sonner we move, the better, we have no assurance they'll still be there tomorrow morning.
我們偷襲有優勢,越早行動越好,不能保證對方明早還在原地。
Right, good. So, today it is.
沒錯,好的,那就今天了。
Charlie, tell the men. Salisbury formation?
Charlie,通知下去吧。索爾斯伯利隊形嗎?
Salisbury formation. We'll charge through them and secure the ground behind.
就用索爾斯伯利隊形。繞行到他們前面,后方隊伍負責掩護。
The grass to the left is taller than we are, it's perfect cover.
咱隊伍左側的雜草比人還高,是很好的掩護。
Excellent work, Sergeant Major.
干得好,軍士長
Time spent on reconnaissance is rarely wasted. Thank you, sir.
調查時間沒有白費,多謝夸獎。
They have no idea we're coming. Not having scruples, are you, Jim?
他們(德軍)不知道我們來了吧。你沒顧忌吧,是不是,Jim?
No, I understand the surprise is everything.
不,我知道出其不意是咱的籌碼。
But if it must be done, let's do it quickly. Are you alright, Charlie?
可要做到這一點,就必須快。你沒事吧,Charlie?
Never been better, literally. Never better. Prepare to mount! Mount! Thank you, Stanley.
好得不能再好了,真心的。好得不能再好了。準備坐騎!準備坐騎!謝謝,Stanley。
Hey, Joey. My bonny boy. You're all right, aren't you, Joey?
嘿Joey,我漂亮的朋友。都還好吧,Joey?嘿?