It is war. We are at war with Germany. England is at war with Germany.
戰爭來了!我們對德國宣戰了!英格蘭和德國開戰了!
They're going to ring the bells at six o'clock.
他們六點會敲鐘
And then never ring them again until the war is over.
而下次敲鐘,就要等到戰爭結束了
Look smart, Joey lad, it's the Tavistock Fair!
棒極了,Joey伙計!Tavistock集市很棒!
What has he done with him? Last name first. First name, middle name, last.
他把他怎么了?先寫你的姓,然后名字。
Take my work for it, finest horse in the parish. Goes like a racer, strong, decent, very fine.
聽我的沒錯,這是教區里最好的馬了。跑起來像賽馬,又健壯,特別好,非常好。
No curbs, no splints, Good feet and teeth.
沒路肩,沒夾板,好蹄好牙。
He's as sound as a bell, sir. How much are you charging, sir? For this strong, decent, and very fine animal.
真是好得發亮的馬,長官,那您賣多少錢啊,先生?這么匹漂亮、結實的好馬兒。
40. I give you 20, and not a penny more.
40 我就給你20基尼,一個子也不多給。
20 is no good to me, Captain. 35 and he's yours. I don't even know how he rides. Oh, he rides... Splendidly.
20也太少了長官,35就歸你了 我都不知道他騎起來怎么樣 噢,他騎起來……棒極了
You'll be astonished. I promise you that. Finest horse in all of Devon. Finest horse I ever seen. Thank you.
你會吃驚的,我向你保證,德文郡最好的馬。是我見過的最好的馬。謝謝。
You can't! You can't, he's mine! I trained him. Albert...
你不能賣,不能!那是我的!是我訓練出來的!Albert……
You can't have him. He's my horse, sir. I'm afraid it's too late, lad. I've just paid 30 guineas for him.
您不能買走他,這是我的馬,長官 真遺憾,太晚了,小伙子,我剛剛給了他30基尼
Please, I'll get you money. I'll get you money. I'll...I'll work for it. I will work for it.
求你了,我會弄到錢。我會……會掙來錢的,我會努力掙到錢的!我會努力掙到錢的!
He won't obey anyone else. He won't be any good in the war, neither.
他誰的話都不聽!上戰場肯定也不行
He shies at every sound! I'm sorry. Well, if Joey's going, I'm going, too. I'm volunteering.
一點聲響就能嚇著他!我很遺憾。好吧,那如果Joey要走,我也走,我自愿參軍。
I see. What's your name, lad? Albert, sir. And how old are you? 19 sir. Is that the truth? No, sir, but...
哦是么,你叫什么,小伙子? Albert, 長官 你多大了?19,長官。是真的嗎?不是,長官,可是……
No sir. But, but I look 19 and I'm bigger than most 19-year-olds, sir! And I'm strong, sir! And I...I'm not afraid of anything.
我看起來有19歲了,而且我比那些19歲的人塊頭大!而且我很強壯,長官!更重要的是,我無所畏懼!
I don't doubt your qualifications, Albert, but the law is very clear about the proper age for soldiering.
我不是懷疑你不夠資格,Albert,可是法律對參軍的年齡要求嚴格。
And your father has done what he had to do, you know that.
你爸爸也只是做了應該做的,你知道的。
30 guineas isn't nearly enough to purchase a horse as fine as your Joey, I know that. But it's all I've got.
30基尼想買你的好Joey顯然差遠了,我也知道,可我只有這么多錢了。
Will you lease him to me, Albert, to be my own mount?
你能把他讓給我嗎,Albert?成為我的坐騎?
I promise you, man to man, that I'll look after him...as closely as you've done.
我向你保證,男人對男人,我會好好照顧好他的,像你一樣好。
I'll respect him and all the care that you've taken with him. And if I can, I'll return him to your care.
我會像你一樣尊重愛護他,而且如果我能回來,我也會將他還給你。
Now say goodbye. It's all right, boy. All right, turn it in, eh?
道別吧。沒事的,伙計…… 好了,還沒夠?
That's enough. He's a horse, not a dog. Now, on your way. Come on.
夠了,他是匹馬,又不是只狗。好了,回去吧,走吧。