精選影視片段:
臺詞欣賞:
Jane : Whose dog is this?
是誰的狗?
Servant : It came with the master.
跟主人一塊兒來的。
Jane : With whom?
跟誰?
Servant : The master, Mr. Rochester. He just arrived.
主人,Rochester先生,他剛到。
Mrs. Fairfax : Here is Miss Eyre, sir. I trust the leg is feeling more comfortable? The doctor will be here in the morning.
這就是Eyre小姐。腳好些了吧?醫生明早就到。
Rochester : Let Miss Eyre be seated.
Eyre小姐請坐。
Adele : Look what Mr. Rochesterhas brought me. Have you brought mademoisellea present as well?
看看Rochester先生給我帶的禮物。你也給小姐帶什么禮物了嗎?
Rochester : Do you expect a present, Miss Eyre? Are you...fond of presents?
你想要禮物?你…喜歡禮物嗎?
Jane : I hardly know, sir. I have little experience of them.
先生,我大不知道,我從未有過收禮物的經歷。
They're generally thought pleasant things.
大家都想那會是好事吧。
Rochester : Generally thought, but, what do you think?
大家都想…那你是怎么看的?
Jane : A present has many faces to it, has it not?
禮物可以從多方面去看待,不是嗎?
Rochester : How long have you been in my house?
你來我家多久了呢?
Jane : 4 months.
4個月。
Rochester : And you came from?
你來自…
Jane : Loward School, sir, in Lancashire.
Loward學校,在Lanca郡。
Rochester : Loward?
Loward?
Rochester : How long were you there?
你在那多長時間了?
Jane : 10 years. 8 as a pupil, 2 as a teacher.
10年了。8年當那里的學生,然后教書兩年。
Rochester : You must be tenacious of life to survive that place so long.
在那地方活了這么長時間你肯定飽經風霜了。
No wonder you have the look of another world about you.
難怪你外表柔弱,內里卻堅強。
When I saw you in the lane, I thought on account of the fairy tales, I'd half a mind to ask if you'd bewitched my horse.
當我在小道上第一眼看見你時,我還以為自己身在童話,我想是不是你領我的馬兒著迷了。
I'm not sure yet, it is she,who's responsible for my sprain!
我現在還沒搞透,是因為它我才扭傷的。
Jane : There was ice on the roadway, sir. It was that which caused your horse to slip.
先生,路上有積雪。那才是你的馬打滑的原因。
Perhaps...I am not sure yet.
也許是吧…我還不清楚。
Rochester : Very well, Miss Eyre. I bid you good night.
算了吧,Eyre小姐,晚安!