eventually: 最后,終于
It was a long journey, but we eventually arrived.
旅程很長,但我們最后還是到達了。
Eventually the fire was under control.
火勢終于被控制住了。
exhale: 呼出,呼氣
a mouthful of: 一口
gorss: 惡劣,惡心的
He made a gross mistake but refused to admit it.
他犯了嚴重的錯誤卻不肯承認。
His gross words and behaviors always irritate his classmates.
他的言行很令人討厭,總是會使他的同學大為光火。
reward: 獎賞,獎勵
hold on: 等一等,停一下,抓住, 繼續, 堅持, 忍受, (打電話時用語)別掛斷
They managed to hold on until help arrived.
他們設法堅持住直到有救援到來。
Hold on,please. I'll see if he's in his office.
請別掛斷,我去看看他是否在辦公室。
Hold on a minute while I get my breath back.
停一停,讓我喘口氣。
quit: 放棄
put out:
1. 伸出
It's dangerous to put out your hand now.
現在你把手伸出去是危險的。
2. 熄滅
Put out the fire before going to bed.
睡覺之前先熄掉爐火。
3. 出版
4. 使不方便,打擾
Her parents felt put out when she brought some classmates to stay over.
她帶一些同學回家過夜,她父母覺得不方便。
We felt put out by the guest's incessant requests.
客人不斷的要求令我們覺得受打擾。
We love Schhteve! Schhteve was schhexy!
【monica之前在perk里談到她前一個男友總被他們嘲笑,原因就是那個男的說話舌頭不直,Chandler還學他說:“We love Schhteve! Schhteve was schhexy!”這次alan見面也開玩笑學著說“schho much ”,所以大家都笑了。】
figure out: 弄清楚,想清楚,弄明白【口語高頻詞組】
支持范例
1. I can't figure out the rules of football.
我不懂足球的規則。
2. I can't figure out how to break the news to them.
我想不出怎么把這事跟他們說。
3. I can't figure out what color to paint the house.
我想不出用什么顏色刷這房子。
會話記憶
A: Hurry up. We're going to be late.
快點!我們要遲到了。
B: I am hurrying.
我已經很快了。
A: What are you doing?
你在做什么啊?
B: I can't figure out which dress to wear.
我不知道該穿哪件衣服
nope: [口語][表示否定的回答]不,不是