背景介紹:
Howard釣到一個美女,偷偷帶她到“火星探測者”飛船操控室。但飛船被卡在了溝里,惹下大麻煩,Howard只好找來三個好朋友幫忙。
-Howard:I need you and Raj to help me get the Rover out of the ditch
我要你和Raj幫我把火星探測器從溝里拖出來,
and I need you to get Stephanie out before somebody notices she's here.
你呢,在別人發現之前把Stephanie從這帶走。
She doesn't exactly have clearance.
她進來都沒開證明。
-Sheldon:Really? They don't let strange women from honky-tonks
真的嗎? 這兒不許泡廉價酒館的女人進來,
come in and play with $200 million government projects on distant planets?
拿遙遠星球上價值2億的政府裝備當玩具玩?
-Howard:Yes, I was bad.
好吧,我錯了。
......
-Howard:My mother is so gonna love her.
我老媽肯定會愛死她的。
-Sheldon:How nice. Maybe they can carpool when they visit you in federal prison.
多好啊,也許她倆會一起搭車去聯邦監獄探視你。
Sheldon的本性啊,他的天才頭腦總能用來挖苦別人,還一副無辜的樣子。
......
-Howard:Hang on. There's got to be other options.
等等,總歸有別的辦法吧。
-Raj:You could try calling Triple-A.
你可以試試給美國汽車協會打電話。(讓他們幫你把探測器拖出來)
But based on NASA's latest timetable, they won't get there for 35 years.
不過根據航空航天局最近的日程安排,他們35年后才能到那兒。
-Sheldon:Plus I understand you have to be standing next to the vehicle with your card when they arrive.
而且就算到了,你也必須在現場,帶著你的會員卡。
這幫損友,在這么危急的關頭還不忘拿Howard開涮。
注釋:
NASA:美國國家航空和宇宙航行局
Triple-A “三個A”,即“American Automobile Association美國汽車協會”