-Leonard:Want some more wine?
再來點兒紅酒?
-Stephanie:Yeah, I mean, I assume I'm not driving anywhere tonight.
好的呀,今晚我又不用開車去別的地方。
(Sheldon 在對面的廚房一邊用力擰瓶蓋一邊發出很吃力的聲音)
-Leonard:What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
-Sheldon:I have a craving for white asparagus that apparently is destined to go unsatisfied.
我突然很想吃白蘆筍,看情形是沒法滿足了。
-Leonard:Excuse me.
失陪下。
What the hell is wrong with you?
你到底在干嘛?
-Sheldon:I'm helping you with Stephanie.
我在幫助你討好Stephanie。
-Leonard:By making constipated moose sounds?
就像這樣模仿便秘的麋鹿叫喚?
-Sheldon:When I fail to open this jar and you succeed, it will establish you as the "alpha" male.
如果我開不了這瓶罐頭而你能打開,就可以樹立你的猛男形象。
You see...when a female witnesses an exhibition of physical domination, she produces the hormone oxytocin.
是這樣的... 當雄性在雌性面前展現力量優勢時,雌性會釋放催產素荷爾蒙。
If the two of you then engage in intercourse, this will create the biochemical reaction in the brain which lay people naively interpret as "falling in love."
如果你倆之后進行性交,大腦里會產生生化反應,普通人會天真地解釋為是"相愛了"。
-Leonard:Would it work if I just punched you in the face?
那揍你一拳能不能達到同樣的效果?
-Sheldon:Yes, actually it would, but let's see how the lid goes.
嗯,應該可以,但我們還是擰蓋子吧。
I'm not strong enough, Leonard, you'll have to do it.
我不夠強壯,Leonard 你得幫幫我。
-Leonard:Oh, for God's sakes.
噢,上帝呀。
-Sheldon:Go ahead, it's pre-loosened.
來吧,已經松動了。
-Stephanie:Do you want some help with that?
要不要幫忙?
-Leonard:No, no, no, I got it.
不,不,不,我能搞定。
-Sheldon:No, yeah, yeah, he's got it, and that's not surprising.
是的,是的,他能搞定,不會有意外的。
This is something I long ago came to peace with in my role as the beta male.
我早就安分于自己的小弟身份。
Open it.
快打開。
-Stephanie:Oh, my God, are you okay?
噢,天哪,你還好吧?
-Leonard:No, I'm not. I'm bleeding.
不,我不好,我在流血。
-Sheldon:Just like a gladiator!
如角斗士般淌著血!
-Stephanie:Oh, honey, you're going to need stitches.
噢,寶貝,你得縫針了。
-Leonard:Stitches? With a needle?
縫針? 用針來縫?
-Stephanie:Well, yeah, I mean, just a few.
嗯,是的,用不了幾針。
-Leonard:Oh, okay, yeah, hang on a sec.
噢,好的,等一下下。
Leonard趴到水池邊嘔吐。
-Sheldon:FYI,I was defrosting a steak in there.
FYI:For Your Information (供你參考) defrost:使解凍
那啥,我放了塊牛肉在池子里解凍呢。