-Penny:So you really never had a birthday party?
你真的從來沒有過生日派對?
-Leonard:No, but it was okay.
沒有,不過沒關系。
I mean, when I was little,
在我很小的時候,
I'd think maybe my parents would change their mind
我還想過我父母可能會改變主意,
and surprise me with a party.
開個生日派對給我個驚喜。
Like this one birthday I came home from my cello lesson
就像有一次,正好我生日那天生日,我學大提琴下課回到家,
and I saw a lot of strange cars parked out front.
看到家門前停了很多陌生轎車,
When I got to the door, I could hear people whispering
我進門后聽到很多人低聲耳語,
and I could smell German chocolate cake,
我還聞到了德式巧克力蛋糕的味道,
which is my favorite.
正是我最喜歡的那種。
-Penny:And?
然后?
-Leonard:It turns out my grandfather had died.
結果是我祖父去世了。
-Penny:Oh, my God. That's terrible.
天哪,太可憐了。
-Leonard:Well, it was kind of like a birthday party.
那差不多也算是一次生日派對了。
I got to see all my cousins, and there was cake, so...
我見到了所有的親戚還吃到了蛋糕...
-Penny:That's the sadest thing I've ever heard.
這是我聽到過最悲慘的事了。