插播一條消息:蒙面治安成員Rorschach 幾小時前在清晨襲擊一名警員。
assault: 襲擊
They made an assault on the enemy's position.
他們突襲敵人的陣地。
The enemy scarcely had time to dig in before our assault was on.
敵人還沒來得及挖好掩體,我們的進攻就開始了。
Muggers often assault their victims on dark streets.
歹徒時常在黑暗的街道上攻擊被害者。
-Pat: Zero. The Soviets would never risk going to war when we have a walking nuclear deterrent on our side.
零。蘇聯絕不會冒險發起戰爭,畢竟我們這里有核威懾導航力量。
-Anchorman: You're referring, of course, to Dr. Manhattan but does Dr. Manhattan's existence guarantee world peace? Eleanor Clift.
您顯然是在影射Manhattan 博士。可Manhattan 博士的存在真能保障世界和平嗎?Eleanor,你說呢。
risk: 冒…的危險
If you don't warm up before taking exercise, you risk injuring yourself.
假如運動前不做準備活動,你就有受傷的危險。
The investor is not willing to risk the money in any investment.
投資者不愿承受將這筆錢用于投資的風險。
guarantee: 保證
We cannot guarantee the punctual arrival of trains in fogy weather.
霧天我們不能保證火車準時到達。
The possession of a degree does not guarantee you a job.
擁有一個學位不能保證你找到工作。
-Dan: You don't think that's a little paranoid?
你不覺得這也太妄想了吧?
paranoid: 類似妄想癥的
My father locks every door in the house as he is paranoid about being robbed.
我父親患有妄想狂,常感到家里會失竊,所以總是把每扇門都鎖上。
Wherever you roam. And admit that the waters around you have grown
不論走到哪,到處都是水。
And accept it that soon. You'll be drenched to the bone.
你最好接受這一點。你會變成落湯雞的。
drench: 濕透
We were caught in the storm and got drenched.
我們遇上大雨全都被澆透了。
My shirt is drench with sweat. I wish i'd bring an extra one along.
我的襯衫被汗水濕透了。要是多帶一件來就好了。