簽下這份承諾書,你的遺體會捐獻給一項崇高的事業。你可以... 得到救贖的機會。我的研究可以讓你重生。——《終結者》
consent: 同意,許可,贊成
My father will never give his consent to our marriage.
我父親決不會同意我們的婚事的。
His father would not consent to his leaving school.
他的父親不會同意他放棄學業。
I agree with you, but yet I can't consent.
我同意你的意見, 但是我不能答應。
Dr. Kogan: You are doing something very noble.
你做了一項非常崇高的事情。
-Marcus: I'm guilty. Just cut me up until there's nothing left.
我罪大惡極。趕緊把我碎尸萬段吧。——《終結者》
noble: 高尚的,崇高的
His noble example inspired the rest of us to greater efforts.
他那高尚的榜樣激發我們大家更加努力。
These few words fully revealed her noble quality.
這寥寥數語充分顯示了她的高貴品質。
Father: Though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death. I will fear no evil. For you are with me, your rod and my staff, they comfort me.
我雖然行過死蔭的幽谷。我無所畏懼,因為你與我同在,在您的指引下,您的仆從會來安慰我。
-Man: Do you have any last words?
最后還有什么要說的嗎?——《終結者》
comfort: 安慰
I tried to comfort him after he was defeated by his opponent.
他被對手擊敗后,我盡力安慰他。
They tried to comfort her, but what could they say?
他們想要安慰她,但能說什么呢?
To hunt down and eradicate humans, Skynet built terminators. As the war rages on,leaders of the human resistance.
為了徹底滅絕人類,天網制造了終結者,伴隨戰爭的日益激烈,人類抵抗力量的首領們——《終結者》
eradicate: 根除,根絕
He eradicated weeds in his garden.
他把花園中的雜草根除了。
They attempted to eradicate crime.
他們力圖根除罪惡。
The disease has now been successfully eradicated from the world.
這種疾病已經成功地從世界上根除了。
Olson: This mission is a quick in-and-out. Command deems the information on those computers should be at the highest priority.
deem: 認為,相信
這項任務,動作必須麻利,指揮部發話,搞到計算機里的情報,是我們的首要任務。——《終結者》
priority n. 優先,優先權
This is the key and should be given top priority.
這是關鍵,要放在第一位。
Housework is low on her list of priorities.
在她那些非做不可的事情中,家務活并不重要。
You must decide what your priorities are.
你應該分清輕重緩急。
Vehicles coming from the right have priority.
從右邊駛來的車輛享有優先通行權?! ?/p>