Why do I stand up here? Anybody? 我為何要站在這兒?誰知道?
To feel taller. 以感覺高些。
No! Thank you for playing. 不對,謝謝你的回答,達頓先生。
I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way. 我站在我的桌上,以提醒我自己必須經常用不同的角度看事情。
See, the world looks very different from up here. 看到了嗎,由這上面看見的世界很不一樣。
You don't believe me? Come see for yourselves. Come on. Come on. 不相信我嗎?自己來看,來??!來??!
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way. Even though it may seem silly or wrong, you must try. 當你認為你知道某件事時,必須再以不同角度看它,即使那看來似乎愚笨或錯誤,你們都必須試試。
Now when you read, don't just consider what the author thinks. Consider what you think. 當你閱讀時,別只想到作者的見解,想想你的見解。
Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. 孩子們,你們必須努力尋找自己的聲音。
Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. 因為你等候起步的時間愈長,便愈不可能找到它。
Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." 梭羅說,多數都在安靜的絕望中過活。
Don't be resigned to that. Break out. 別聽任此事發生。要突破!
Don't just walk off the edge like lemmings. Look around you. 別像旅鼠般盲目由崖邊跳下。環顧四周。
There you go, Mr. Priske. Thank you! 對了,普利斯基先生!謝謝!
Yes! Dare to strike out and find new ground. 要有膽量出發,找到新觀點。
Now, in addition to your essays, I would like you to compose a poem of your own, an original work. 除了你們的報告,我要你們作一首詩,一首你們自己作的原創性的詩。
Ooh! That's right. You have to deliver it aloud, in front of the class on Monday. 沒錯,周一你們得在課堂上大聲朗讀。
Bon chance, gentlemen. 祝好運,各位先生。
Mr. Anderson. Don't think I don't know this assignment scares the hell out of you, you mole. 安德森先生,別以為我不知道這項作業嚇壞你了,可憐蟲。
n. 罷工,打擊,毆打
v. 打,撞,罷工,劃