-Raj: Excuse me. Oh, it's my assistant, Trevor.
抱歉。是我的助理Trevor打來的。
Go for Koothrappali.
我是Koothrappali。
-Wolowitz: They gave him an assistant. If I want a new pen, I have to go to the bank with wire cutters.
還給他配個助理?我想要根筆,還得拿著鉗子去銀行。(就是銀行辦理業務的柜臺那里,那種供客戶簽字用的筆不是用線系在柜臺上的么?這里是說偷筆的時候拿鉗子把線剪斷)
-Sheldon: Have we at this point met our social obligations?
咱們已經盡到所有該盡的社會責任了吧?
-Leonard: Not yet.
還沒。
-Raj: ......
All righty? Koothrappali out. God bless that boy. I don't know what I'd do without him
.
哦了么,我掛了。上帝保佑那孩子。沒有他我非忙死不可。
-Leonard: You just got him this afternoon.
你今天下午才有的助理啊。
-Raj: Yes, but I'm finding that having a lackey suits me.
沒錯,但我覺得我是得有個仆人。
-Leonard: A lackey?
仆人?
-Raj: Oh, I'm sorry. Is that politically incorrect?
不好意思,是不是法律不允許這么叫?。?/span>
In India, we just call them untouchables.
在印度,我們稱其為賤民。
-Sheldon: Now?
現在嗎?
-Leonard: Almost.
快了。
-Raj: Speaking of untouchables, I've got great news for you guys.
說到賤民,我給你們帶來了好消息。
People magazine is having a reception this Saturday.
這周六《人物》雜志要舉行個招待會。
And I managed to get you invited.
我設法讓你們也被邀請了。
-Wolowitz: Oh, gee, thanks.
切,謝了。
-Raj: Oh, you're welcome.Of course, I couldn't get you into the VIP section.Because, you know, that's for VIPs. And you guys are just, you know... P's.
不客氣。當然我沒法讓你們去貴賓席,因為那是設給“貴賓”的。你們只是“賓”。
-Sheldon: There's a tribe in Papua New Guinea, where, when a hunter flaunts his success to the rest of the village, they kill him and drive away evil spirits with a drum made of his skin.
在巴布亞新幾內亞有一個部落,當一個獵人向其他部民炫耀他的戰利品時,他們宰了他,并敲打他的皮做的鼓,以驅逐他邪惡的靈魂。
Superstitious nonsense, of course, but one can see their point.
當然是迷信而無道理的,但某人可以明白他們的用意。
adj. 社會的,社交的
n. 社交聚會