美劇中有些話語總是幽默得那么有才,令人佩服得五體投地。有時真想撬開他們的腦子,看看里面到底有什么神奇構造才創造出這么驚人的神作。就讓我們一起來膜拜一下吧。
► -Sheldon: Oh, boy.
天啊。
-Penny:What now?
又怎么了?
-Sheldon: Well, there's some value to taking a multivitamin, but the human body can only absorb so much.
(value:有價值 multivitamin:多種維生素 absorb:吸收)
服用維生素劑有一定價值,但人體能吸收的量是有限的。
What you're buying here are the ingredients for very expensive urine.
(ingredients:配料,成分 expensive:昂貴的 urine:尿液)
你買的東西其實是一種昂貴的尿液原料。
-Penny:Well, maybe that's what I was going for.
也許我就是要這個。
-Sheldon: Well, then you'll want some manganese.
manganese:(化學)錳(尿液的主要成分)
那你還不如買些買錳。——《生活大爆炸》
► -Dr. Gablehauser:Dr. Cooper.
Cooper博士。
-Sheldon's mom: Let's go, baby-- we're losing daylight.
losing:失去 daylight:白天
快說吧寶貝,天要黑了。
-Sheldon:As you know, several weeks ago in our first encounter,
several:幾個 encounter:邂逅
你知道,幾周前我們第一次見面時,
we may have gotten off on the wrong foot when I called you an idiot.
gotten off on the wrong foot:一開始就不順利 idiot:白癡
我們可能沒給彼此留下好印象,我當時說您是白癡。
And I just wanted to say that I was wrong... to point it out.
我只想跟你道歉。我不應該——指出這一事實。——《生活大爆炸》