Monica: Now I'm guessing that he bought her the big pipe organ, and she's really not happy about it.
我猜他送她一臺管風琴,她肯定不喜歡,
-Chandler: (imitating the characters) Tuna or egg salad? Decide!
金槍魚還是雞蛋沙拉?快決定!
-Ross: (in a deep voice) I'll have whatever Christine is having.
Christine 吃什么我就吃什么。
-Rachel: (on phone) Daddy, I just... I can't marry him! I'm sorry. I just don't love him. Well, it matters to me!
爸,我不能嫁給他……對不起,我只是不愛他,對,這對我很重要!
(The scene on TV has changed to show two women, one is holding her hair.)
-Phoebe: If Ilet go ofmy hair, my head will fall off.
如果我沒了頭發,還不如去死。
-Chandler: (re TV) Ooh, she should not be wearing those pants.
她不該穿那條褲子。
-Joey: I say push her down the stairs.
我建議把她下樓,
-Phoebe, Ross, Chandler, and Joey: Push her down the stairs! Push her down the stairs! Push her down the stairs!
推她下樓!推她下樓!推她下樓!
(She is pushed down the stairs and everyone cheers.)
-Rachel: C'mon Daddy, listen to me!
爸,你聽我說……
It's like, it's like, all of my life, everyone has always told me,
大家這樣評價我這一輩子:
You're a shoe! You're a shoe, you're a shoe, you're a shoe!'.
你是一只鞋……
And today I just stopped and I said, 'What if I don't wanna be a shoe?
今天我倒想看看如果我不再是鞋會怎樣。
What if I wanna be a- a purse, you know?
我說如果我想當皮包呢?
Or a- or a hat! No, I'm not saying I want you to buy me a hat, I'm saying I am a ha- It's a metaphor, Daddy!
或是帽子呢?不,我不是說讓你給我買頂帽子。我說我是一頂帽子。爸,這是一種比喻。
-Ross: You can see where he'd have trouble.
你看他也有些問題。
-Rachel: Look Daddy, it's my life. Well maybe I'll just stay here with Monica.
爸,這是我的人生。或許我會和Monica住在這兒。
-Monica: Well, I guess we've established who's staying here with Monica...
我想我們已確定好誰要和Monica住在這兒。
-Rachel: Well, maybe that's my decision. Well, maybe I don't need your money. Wait!! Wait, I said maybe!!
或許那是我的決定。或許我不希罕你的錢。等一下,等一下……我說的是或許!!
[Time Lapse, Rachel is breathing into a paper bag.]
-Monica: Just breathe, breathe. That's it. Just try to think of nice calm things...
深呼吸,就這樣。試著想著美好的事物……
-Phoebe: (sings) Raindrops on roses and rabbits and kittens, (Rachel and Monica turn to look at her.) bluebells and sleighbells and- something with mittens... La la la la...something and noodles with string. These are a few...
玫瑰上的雨滴,貓嘴上的胡須,門鈴和雪橇之類的。啦啦啦……還有手套……
-Rachel: I'm all better now.
我現在好多了。
-Phoebe: (grins and walks to the kitchen and says to Chandler and Joey.) I helped!
我的功勞。
n. 隱喻,暗喻