By Alexandree Dum-ass.
作者亞歷山大,大種馬
Dumb ass.
種馬?
Dumb ass?
種馬?
Dumas. I know what that's about?
大仲馬 內容知道嗎?
You'd like it. It's about a prison break.
講逃獄,你會喜歡
We ought to file that under "Educational" too, oughtn't we?
那該歸入教育類啰
The rest of us did our best to pitch in when and where we could.
大伙兒盡可能幫安迪
By the year Kennedy was shot
在甘尼迪遇刺之前
Andy had transformed a storage room smelling of turpentine
安迪把這臭儲藏室變成
into the best prison library in New England
新英格蘭最棒的監獄圖書館
complete with a fine selection of Hank Williams.
甚至有漢克·威廉斯精選集
That was also when Warden Norton instituted his famous "Inside Out" program.
就在同年典獄長實施著名的外役專案
You may remember reading about it.
也許你曾在報上看過
It made the papers and got his picture in Look magazine.
他上了各報和《展望雜志》
It's no free ride
這不只是賺錢
but rather a genuine progressive advance
而是獄政的
in corrections and rehabilitation.
一大進步
Our inmates, properly supervised
本監受刑人在妥善監督下
will be put to work outside these walls
將到獄外工作
performing all manner of public service.
從事各項公共事業
These men can learn the value of an honest day's labor and provide a service to the community
他們將學到誠實勞動的價值,同時為社區提供服務
at a bare minimum of expense to Mr. And Mrs. John Q. Taxpayer.
對于納稅大眾而言 也只花最少的代價
Of course he didn't tell the press
當然 諾頓沒向媒體說明
that "bare minimum of expense" is a fairly loose term.
"最少代價"實在含糊不清
There are 100 different ways to skim off the top.
揩油的方法何止百種
Men, materials, you name it.
人力 物料 處處漏洞
And oh, my Lord, how the money rolled in!
天哪 油水之豐
At this rate, you'll put me out of business.
你會害我倒閉的
With this pool of slave labor, you can underbid any contractor in town.
靠這么多奴工 誰標得過你
We're providing a valuable community service.
我們在提供社區服務
That's fine for the papers, but I've got a family to feed. Sam
這是廣告詞 但我得養家 山姆
We go back a long way.
老兄 咱們這么久的交情
I need this highway contract. I don't get it and I go under. That's a fact.
我必須包下這條公路 否則只好喝西北風了
You have some of this fine pie
這是內人特地為你烤的派
my missus made for you. You think about that.
請笑納 你看著辦
I wouldn't worry too much about this contract.
別擔心這項工程合約
I already got my boys committed elsewhere.
我已叫他們接別的案子了
You be sure and thank Maisie for this fine pie.
幫我謝謝她的心意
And behind every shady deal
在每一樁買賣后面
behind every dollar earned
在每一元黑錢底下
there was Andy, keeping the books.
都有安迪在 是他做的帳
Maine National and New England First. Night drops as always, sir.
照舊在夜間 存到常來往的銀行
Get my stuff to the laundry. Two suits for dry-clean and a bag of whatnot.
把東西拿去洗衣房 兩套西裝和雜物
If they over-starch my shirts again, they'll hear from me.
別漿太硬 否則有他們好看
Yes Sir.
是的,先生
How do I look?
我怎樣?
Very nice.
很好 先生
Big charity to-do up Portland way.
我去慈善宴會
Governor will be there.
州長會到
You want the rest of this?
剩下的給你吃
Woman can't bake worth shit.
烤的難吃透頂
Thank you, sir.
謝謝您 先生
He's got his fingers in a lot of pies, from what I hear.
這種派他收過很多,你聽說的只是皮毛
He's got scams you haven't even dreamed of. IKickbacks on his kickbacks.
他干的壞事你想不到 重重的回扣
n. 社區,社會,團體,共同體,公眾,[生]群落