What are you talking about?
你指什么?
Hope.
希望
Hope.
希望
Let me tell you something, my friend.
朋友,我告訴你
Hope is a dangerous thing.
有希望才危險
Hope can drive a man insane.
希望能把人弄瘋
It's got no use on the inside.
希望無用
You'd better get used to that idea.
你最好認命
Like Brooks did?
要像老布一樣嗎?
Sit down.
坐下
Says here that you've served 30 years of a life sentence.
你判無期徒刑,已經30年
You feel you've been rehabilitated?
你改過自新了嗎?
Oh, yes, sir.
是的,確實如此
Without a doubt.
我真的已經變好
I can honestly say I'm a changed man.
我完全洗心革面了
No danger to society here.
我不會危害社會
God's honest truth.
上帝為證
Absolutely rehabilitated.
完全洗心革面了
(駁回)
Thirty years.
30年了
Jesus, when you say it like that
老天,真不知該說什么?
You wonder where it went.
這些日子怎么熬過來的
I wonder where 10 years went.
我連前十年都不記得
Here.
拿去
A little parole rejection present.
假釋被拒的禮物
Go ahead and open it.
打開看看
Went through one of your competitors.
別介意我找你同行買
I hope you don't mind. I wanted it to be a surprise.
我只想讓你驚喜
It's very pretty.
漂亮極了
Thank you.
謝謝你
You going to play it?
你不吹嗎?
No.
不
Not right now.
不是時候
Roll in!
進房
“ 十周年慶 , 瑞德贈”
Lights out!
熄燈
Andy was as good as his word.
安迪言出必行
He wrote two letters a week instead of one.
每周寫兩封信
In 1959, the state senate finally clued in to the fact
59年,州議會終于明白
they couldn't buy him off with just a $ 200 check.
兩百元無法打發安迪
Appropriations Committee voted an annual payment of $500
當局決議每年付五百元
just to shut him up.
好讓安迪封筆
And you'd be amazed how far Andy could stretch it.
你想像不到他的能耐
He made deals with book clubs, charity groups.
他接洽讀書會,慈善團體
He bought remaindered books by the pound
他論斤買入舊書
Treasure Island.
金銀島
Robert Louis
羅伯特路易斯
Fiction, adventure.
冒險小說類
Stevenson.
史帝文生
I got here Auto Repair
汽車修護
What's next?
再來呢?
I got here Auto Repair... and Soap Carving.
汽車修護肥皂雕刻
Trade skills and hobbies. Under "Educational," behind you.
專業技術及嗜好,教育類,在你后面
Count of Monte Crisco.
基基山恩仇記
That's "Cristo," you dumb shit.
基度山啦,飯桶