Come on.
來吧
Well, here she is.
都在你眼前了
The Shawshank Prison Library.
肖申克監獄圖書館
National Geographics
國家地理雜志
Reader's Digest condensed books and Louis L'Amour.
讀者文, 暢銷西部小說
Look magazine.
展望雜志
Erle Stanley Gardners.
懸疑小說
Every evening I load up the cart and make my rounds.
每晚搬上車兜一圈
I enter the names on this clipboard here.
記下借書人名字
Easy, peasy, Japanese-y.
如此而已 簡簡單單
Any questions?
有問題嗎?
How long have you been librarian?
你管圖書館多久了?
I come here in '05, and they made me librarian in 1912.
1905年入獄 1912年入館
And have you ever had an assistant?
這么多年都沒有助手?
No. Not much to it, really.
沒有,根本用不著
Why me? Why now?
那為何派我來?
But it'd be nice to have some company down here. Dufresne
但有人陪我真好,杜弗倫
That's him. That's the one.
就是他 就一個
I'm Dekins.
我是狄金斯
I was thinking about setting up some kind of trust fund for my kids' educations.
我在想為孩子弄個教育基金
I see.
我懂了
Why don't we have a seat and talk it over.
咱們坐下談吧
Do you have a piece of paper and a pencil?
老布,有紙筆嗎?
Thanks.
謝謝
So
好的
Mister Dekins
狄金斯先生
And then Andy says, "Mr. Dekins
然后安迪說
do you want your sons to go to Harvard or Yale?"
你想讓公子進哈佛或耶魯?
As God as my witness!
真的 老天為證
He didn't say that!
你少瞎扯
Dekins blinked for a second
他愣了一下
then he laughed and actually shook Andy's hand.
傻笑出來 后來他真的跟安迪握手
My ass!
握你的鳥
Shook his hand.
真的握手
I tell you, I near soiled myself!
我樂的差點尿出來
All he needed was a suit and tie and a jiggly hula gal on his desk
若給安迪弄一套西裝領帶
he'd have been "Mr. Dufresne," if you please.
他就成了咨詢先生
Making a few friends?
開始交新朋友了 安迪?
I wouldn't say "friends."
也不算朋友
I'm a convicted murderer who provides sound financial planning.
我是精通理財的囚徒
It's a wonderful pet to have.
這種本事很受用
Got you out of the laundry, though.
起碼不用干洗衣工
It might do more than that.
還派得上更大用場
How about expanding the library. Get some new books.
比如擴建圖書館 買新書
If you ask for something, ask for a pool table.
還不如要個撞球桌
yes
對
How do you expect to do that? I mean
你想怎么弄?
get new books in here, "Mr. Dufresne, if you please."
閣下想怎樣買新書?
I'll ask the warden for funds.
找典獄長要錢
Six wardens have been through here in my tenure, and I've learned
少年呀,我經歷六個典獄長
one immutable, universal truth:
我學到互古不變的真理
Not one born whose asshole
給錢是不可能的
wouldn't pucker up tighter than a snare drum when you ask for funds.
他們沒一個生來有屁眼
n. 基金;資金,現金(fund的復數) v. 提供資金