Andy was right.
安迪說的對
I finally got the joke.
見到貨就明白
It would take a man about 600 years to tunnel under the wall with one of these.
用它挖地道得挖六百年
Book?
要書嗎?
Not today.
不要
Book?
要書嗎?
No.
不要
Brook
老布
Delivery for Dufresne.
給杜弗倫的貨
Book?
要書嗎?
Thanks.
謝謝
Book?
要書嗎?
Dufresne,Here's your book.
杜弗倫,你的書
Thanks.
謝謝
We're running low on hexite. Get on back and fetch us up some.
杜弗倫 漂白水不夠了 你去后面拿
This will blind you.
小心我弄瞎你們
Honey, hush.
寶貝 別出聲
That's it. You fight!
你反抗
Better that way.
那更刺激
I wish I could tell you Andy fought the good fight
我也希望另一種結局
and the Sisters let him be.
就是安迪打贏 全身而退
I wish I could tell you that
我希望如此
But prison is no fairy-tale world.
然而監獄不是童話世界
He never said who did it.
他絕口不提誰
But we all knew.
但誰都明白
Things went on like that for a while.
這情況持續了一陣
Prison life consists of routine
坐牢是一段段例行公事
and then more routine.
一段忙完又一段
Every so often, Andy would show up with fresh bruises.
安迪隨時掛著新傷
The Sisters kept at him.
三姐妹不放過他
Sometimes he was able to fight them off.
他有時打贏
Sometimes not.
有時吃敗仗
And that's how it went for Andy.
這就是安迪的遭遇
That was his routine.
那是他的例行公事
I do believe those first two years were the worst for him.
他畢生沒像頭兩年那么慘
And I also believe that if things had gone on that way
假使再這樣下去
this place would have got the best of him.
這黑牢就會毀掉他
But then, in the spring of 1949
不過 在49年春天
the powers that be decided:
獄方宣布
The roof of the license-plate factory needs resurfacing.
車牌工廠屋頂要翻修
I need a dozen volunteers for a week's work.
我需要12人做工一周
As you know
你們都知道
special detail carries with it special privileges.
特別的公差享特別的待遇
It was outdoor detail
這是戶外公差
and May is one damned fine month to be working outdoors.
五月份出戶外公差 實在求之不得
Stay in line there.
排好隊
More than a hundred men volunteered for the job.
一百多人志愿報名
Wallace E. Unger.
昂格
Ellis Redding.
瑞丁
Wouldn't you know it?
這不是很巧嗎?
Me and some fellows I know were among the names called.
我的哥兒們全都中簽
Andrew Dufresne.
安迪·杜弗倫
It only cost us a pack of smokes per man.
其實是每人一包煙買的
I made my usual 20 percent, of course.
我照常抽兩成
So this big-shot lawyer calls me long-distance from Texas.
德州一個律師打電話來
I say, "Yeah?"
我問什么事?
He says, "Sorry to inform you, but your brother just died."
他說"抱歉 令兄過世"
I'm sorry to hear that.
糟糕 我很遺憾
I'm not. He was an asshole.
我才不為那爛人遺憾
Ran off years ago. Figured him for dead.
他離家多年 生死不明
So this lawyer fellow says to me:
這大律師說
"He died a rich man." Oil wells and shit. Close to a million bucks. "
令兄是位富翁" 挖油井賺了一百萬
A million bucks?
一百萬?
Incredible how lucky some assholes get.
對 算他走狗運
You going to see any of that?
有你一份嗎?
Thirty-five thousand. That's what he left me.
他留給我三萬五
Dollars?
美金?
Yep
對
That's great! That's like winning the sweepstakes.
簡直像中樂透嘛
Dumb shit, what do you think the government will do to me?
政府是白混的嗎?
Isn't it?
不是嗎?
Take a big wet bite out of my ass is what.
它想大口分掉這大餅
Poor Byron.
可憐蟲
Terrible fucking luck, huh? Crying shame.
過路財神 真夠倒霉
Some people really got it awful.
有人就是命衰
Andy, are you nuts?
你瘋了?
IKeep your eyes on your mop, man!
專心干活