Oh, my God. No!
天哪 不!
Well, wouldn’t this be nice, Gran?
這樣不好嗎 奶奶?
Going from a boy who works the fields to a man who owns them.
先是在農場干活的男孩 現在是擁有農場的富翁
And you got to skip the messy bits.
把中間的漫長過渡省掉了
Life is the messy bits.
生命就是漫長的過渡
Peccato it wasn’t me.
真遺憾那不是我
Yes.
是的
I would have never let you go.
我是絕對不會讓你走的
Believe me.
相信我
What is it with you and Italian men? They fall at your feet.
你跟意大利男人咋那么來感? 他們拜倒在你腳下
It’s such a shame. I think I could’ve been happy here.
真可惜 我還以為在這里會開心的
Happy? Did your grandson just say happy?
開心? 你孫子剛說了開心這個詞耶
I said could have been.
我是說本以為
Let’s not get carried away. I have a reputation to uphold.
別岔開話題 我要保持名聲呢
Charlie, why don’t you tell Sophi about your pro bono legal work?
查理 怎么不告訴索菲你的公益法律計劃?
I can’t imagine she’d have much interest, Gran.
我無法想象她會有這個興趣 奶奶
Try me. You know the sort of thing,
說來聽聽 你知道這些事啦
defending the defenseless, preserving human rights,
維護無防備的人們 保護人權
helping refugees get asylum.
幫難民找避難所
You look surprised. I’m so surprised.
你看起來很吃驚 我就是吃驚
I just didn’t have you pinned down as the save-humanity type at all.
我就是不能把你跟保護人權聯系在一塊
Really?
真的?
And what type did you have me pinned down for exactly?
那你把我歸為哪種類型?
Well, I was leaning towards elitist Oxford prig,
我傾向于杰出的牛津紈绔子弟
but now that you mention it,
但既然你自己說到了
self-satisfied do-gooder works, as well.
同時也做自我滿足且受人尊敬的工作
I guess you’re a poor judge of character then.
那你可真不會判斷性格
But she does deal with facts, Charlie.
但她是看重事實的 查理
Okay.
好吧
I’m off to bed. Okay.
我要睡覺了 好的
Good night, darling. Good night. Sleep well.
晚安 親愛的 晚安 好夢
May I walk you to your room? Be nice to each other.
我要陪你回房間嗎? 對彼此友善點
She is awesome.
她很棒