Kathleen: The heroine of Pride and Prejudice is Elizabeth Bennet. She is one of the greatest and most 7)complex 8)characters ever written, not that you would know.
凱瑟琳:《傲慢與偏見》的女主人翁是伊麗莎白。貝納特,她是小說作品中最偉大、最復雜的角色之一,你不會知道的。
Joe: As a matter of fact, I‘ve read it.
喬:事實上我已經拜讀。
Kathleen: Oh, well, good for you.
凱瑟琳:噢,是,對你有好處。
Joe: I think you‘ll discover a lot of things if you really knew me.
喬:我想如果你真的了解我,你會發現很多很多東西。
Kathleen: If I really knew you, I know what I would find instead of a brain, a 9)cash register, instead of a heart, a 10)bottom line.
凱瑟琳:如果我真的了解你,我知道我會發現什么,我會發現你不是一個有頭腦的人,而是一臺收銀機,殘酷無情,沒有人性。
Joe: What?
喬:什么?
Kathleen: I just had a 11)breakthrough.
凱瑟琳:我剛剛有了一項突破。
Joe: What is it?
喬:什么突破?
Kathleen: I have you to thank for it, for the first time in my life when 12)confronted with a 13)horrible, 14)insensitive person I knew exactly what I wanted to say and I said it.
凱瑟琳:這要感謝你,在我人生中第一次當面面對一個恐怖、冷漠的家伙時,我確切知道了自己想說什么,并且說了出來。
Joe: Well, I think you have a 15)gift for it. It was a perfect 16)blend of poetry and 17)meanness.
喬:噢,我認為你有這方面的天賦。剛才真是詩意加卑劣啊。
Kathleen: Meanness, let me tell you something about meanness…
凱瑟琳:卑劣,我來告訴你什么叫卑劣……
Joe: Don‘t misunderstand me. I’m just trying to pay you a 18)compliment.
喬:別誤會我的意思。我只是想夸夸你。
Kathleen: Oh, oh, why are you touching that? What are you doing?
凱瑟琳:噢,哦,你動它干嘛?你想干什么?